Is this game necessary??

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Eherm.. Why exactly? Have you played Cricket 1997 yet
Well, from Cricket 96, I have played every game in their specific series. Cricket 96 is a better game but at this time, Cricket Revolution is ahead in terms of everything. Codies are the most experienced in the field of cricket video games since year 1996 while Mindies have just entered and they really look good. :banana2

arjind

International Coach
Well, from Cricket 96, I have played every game in their specific series. Cricket 96 is a better game but at this time, Cricket Revolution is ahead in terms of everything. Codies are the most experienced in the field of cricket video games since year 1996 while Mindies have just entered and they really look good. :banana2

I was being kinda sarcastic

dannaz94

School Cricketer
i think its actually not a bad game but the graphics are shithouse and would need to massively improve they sorta reminded me of ps1 when i first played the game

playkid12

Club Captain
This game blows. It's not like it has intelligent AI, it just has a steep learning curve. Once you get past the learning curve, the game is as ridiculous as every other cricket game on the market.

Sablicious

School Cricketer
AC09 "superior" to CR?? o_0

LMAO!! :laugh:laugh:laugh ...I don't think so. >_>

Both games are far from perfect, but CR is at least in the same super cluster as the real life game it's purporting as. The Ashes/Ponting/Lara series has had numerous goes at getting it right but seems to be getting further from simulations with each iteration.

CR is a good start. If the devs continue to build on the series by listening to fan feedback, this franchise will blow it's competitor(s) away the same way EA eventually did PES.

shiv

School Cricketer
CR is not bad, but the online lag is not helping and limited game options.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it is their first try, which wasn't too bad.Hitterman is perfectly right they need support, they will improve as the time progresses.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
The thing is there is only like, 3 game modes... no test, really un-finished. Hopefully they come back with a more complete CR 2. Shane Warne 99 was better :)

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
^^ It is I guess first game studio in Pakistan, so obviously they are very inexperienced also it is their first game too.
There is lot of room for improvement but they deserve some applaud only because they step up to do some thing.

saurabh_jee

School Cricketer
I also agree... Ashes 2009 requires Hell lot of a high end PC config that everyone can't have it

Sablicious

School Cricketer
After some more play-time I've come to the conclusion that this game is, unfortunately, rubbish. : /

-Batting is completely linear
-You can hardly beat the field unless you hit over them
-Every shot is automatically aimed straight at a fielder or is a complete miss-hit
-The 'placement' dial is useless as it's dependent upon batsman positioning and the bowler locks the pitch of the ball in too late and thus you have too little time to adjust it
-Even if you do manage to make any [seemingly] meaningful adjustment to the placement dial, it does nada
-The command inputs clash - drives become blocks etc
-No fielding whatsoever
-The bowling cursor, although probably better that the Ashes scheme, sways too much making you take too much time between balls trying to time the lock... it's not all that skill intensive either
-Way too few delivery types
-No replays
-Poor presentation
-No decent player/squad edit mode
-No classic teams/matches...

As much as CR looks okay for the first hour or so, once you get to grips with the gameplay system its myriad flaws become game-breaking-ly apparent very quickly.

An okay effort for a first try, but aside from maybe the bowling scheme and the fluid look of strokes, this game is fail sadly.

arundracula

Club Cricketer
The difficulty that we make to create a shot is the factor that make everyone say "This game is good".

Developers said the bowling controls do not make the player fight with controls. That was right. But in batting, it is false.

This would have gone better if the batting controls was easy. BrianLara 2007 control system was perfect for this game. What is the point of combo keys? Only two arrow-key combination will work at any time. So they could remove that and change it to a direction wise batting system with some improvements.

And the current system is not perfect. We've to remember all 37 shots because some shots doesn't have variants in Push/Slog and some has foot differences like in doubletap Right Arrow. I always play this shot for a leg side over pitched ball and misses because it is a BackFoot shot.

Bowling is also not good. Whenever I place a good ball on off side, they move to that position before bowling. That's not good.

In one line: Cricket Revolution is a game that tests your keyboard skills and not gameplay skills.

If they can work out the controls..it will be good because the game AI is better than other cricket games.

Last edited:

StormySteve

Club Captain
For me it is ridiculously hard to play, keyboard only, ODI's only, hard to edit the squads (if your are doing fake names at least make them editable:doh) just very limited appeal really!!!

Steve S.

Params7

International Cricketer
Well, it's not that bad. They at least have some good gameplay points which AC09 doesn't have. Graphics is not everything.

I hope next time they'll release it on consoles too.:happy

Consoles development with HD graphics takes a lot of money and time, but if they can pull it off, hats off to them. Even if its on one of the consoles (let it be on PS3, and if exclusive to it they might even score some free advertisement and funds support from Sony themselves), it'll be fantastic.

For CR2 they need to really improve animations and make it more presentable. they can keep the same deep core gameplay they have now maybe with some improvement, and please NOBODY like to play with fake squad names, you don't have the license at least make it easily editable so user patches/console saves can be developed. If they do all that it'll be fantastic competition to Coddies Ashes 10 :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread