Your Cricket Jakes 2009/10 cricket season log

Should be writing up what happens (the actual exercises) sometime tonight. I've got to write my speech and watch the Cricket and everything, plus organize a list of things to buy for the coming season.

It definatly keep off the knee as much as possible... it sounds like an injury you dont wont... normally a knee injury isnt easy to get over... so BE CAREFUL and take it easy

Upper body:
Bench Press
Shoulder Press
Push ups
Deadlifts
Ball crunches
Chest Flies
Fielding drills

Lower body:
Squats
Lunges
Leg extensions
Leg lift
Ball crunches
Sprints

Any exercises I've forgot? I don't think leg extensions will stay there, trying to focus on compound exercises. Need shoulder presses, for the shoulders, that's why it's there as a single exercise or whatever you call it. Deadlifts could be in either one, but I'll have it in upper body, because my legs will be shot on from what's there already.

Dont do too much though... you dont have to be a body builder... look at Broad he isnt exactly what you would call muscular and he can bowl 140ish. I would recomend for weights for it too be light weights with more reps about 11-13 reps per set... You just want to be toned up. Once you get older you will naturally get stronger... and realisticly you should do pretty much just push ups, chin ups, sit ups etc. but thats just what i reckon

23rd August

WOOOHOOO!

Great day today. I bought some gloves, inners, a pair of training pants and Bioslyx (like skins), and ordered my helmet, shoes and trousers. :D

When I got home, I put up the trampoline, did my run up, with a smaller jump, and it felt awesome! I did some fielding too, getting the balls rolled at me, attacking the ball and throwing at the stumps, and running in, picking up and diving towards the stumps. Was good, was sweating heaps!

I'll post my full kit in the 2009 kit thread when I get the stuff delivered.

Starting the program tomorrow. :D

Chest is sore, plus legs a bit wobbly, woohoo!

Bad thing is today, somehow, I hurt my inside thigh up near my groin. When I finished squats, I felt a slight pain in lunges. I left them, did leg lifts, went back to them, and the pain had eased up a bit.

Should be able to provide video's of my terrible run up and action some time on the weekend (Sunday), and you can critique it.

First I saw: Upper body:
Bench Press
Shoulder Press
Push ups
Deadlifts
Ball crunches
Chest Flies
Fielding drills

Lower body:
Squats
Lunges
Leg extensions
Leg lift
Ball crunches
Sprints

And I Lol'd then I saw you were playing league cricket and were 13 and doing this at home and I SERIOUS'D

You seriously cant excpect that to improve your game can you? You need to be strenghening your core and not doing push up's tbh at 13 even doing that is stupid.

I seriously hurt my foot yesterday, getting hit near the bone on the inside of your left foot, getting hit twice, with a six stitcher playing backyard cricket, could barely walk! It feels a bit better today, but I don't know if I am going to school or not.

5 hours of nets (1 and 1/2 on Saturday, 3 and 1/2 on Sunday) over the weekend was awesome.

First I saw: Upper body:
Bench Press
Shoulder Press
Push ups
Deadlifts
Ball crunches
Chest Flies
Fielding drills

Lower body:
Squats
Lunges
Leg extensions
Leg lift
Ball crunches
Sprints

And I Lol'd then I saw you were playing league cricket and were 13 and doing this at home and I SERIOUS'D

You seriously cant excpect that to improve your game can you? You need to be strenghening your core and not doing push up's tbh at 13 even doing that is stupid.

Well, what sort of exercises are good for core work, and what's wrong with the exercises I'm doing?

You seem to get yourself hurt a lot dontcha'?

Haha, it seems that way, doesn't it.

It was just an unlucky event when I got hit on the foot playing backyard cricket, off the inside edge of the bat, twice in almost the same spot, one just apart from the other, one hitting the big bone on the inside (right and side of left foot) bone, and the other, the painful one, in between the toes and that bone, in the middle on the side.

Since Monday, I've decided I'm stopping the weight training for 2 weeks. With the ankle almost 100%, I've got training today for club, training on Tuesday for school (which I am captaining, so I need to go) then rep tryouts the following Sunday. If I injure myself, I will be devostated. I will be resuming after the rep try outs if all goes to plan.

6th September

Just thought I would update that I trained today, was really good. Was scared to bat against the older guys, but I was better off for it. I faced an under 19's Australian indoor player, he bowls some nice offies. I faced a quick, who bowled a nice ball at my head, and I got out of the way well, and the rest weren't too hard to face. A bit of swing, good line and lengths, nothing else that troubled me. I only got out once in the whole innings, to the spinner, coming down the track, trying to defend, and his turn and bounce got the shoulder of the bat, and it balooned up into the air. I absolutely creamed an off drive against a second grade bowler, and didn't play too many bad shots really. With the ball, I bowled some lad, who wasn't a bad bat, and got the edge (but it went too low for a keeper, I reckon) of another guy. My ankle was troubling me a little, but it got better through bowling, then it got bad at the end, resulting in my bowling a short outside off, short at the hips, then a full toss, above waist. I decided to stop bowling then, and just as I sat down, I was called over to fielding. That was good, just a drill with a tennis ball and racquet, hitting the ball at us, in games where we were punished if we miss it and stuff. Good times.

So my plan is all works out and I make rep and everything.

Monday: Chest & Arms + Jog
Tuesday: Training
Wednesday: Legs + Swim
Thursday: Jog
Friday: Training
Saturday: Game + Recovery swim
Sunday: Game + Recovery swim

The jogs will increase in length, until I find a length I'm happy with. It's a bit too cold for the swimming at the moment, but that should start soon.

I also will probably fix up my diet, I wish I didn't quit my working out I was doing through the off season. Next off season will be good, I'll be able to do training without worrying about games and everything.

Jakester1288 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Coming up:
Rep tryouts
Training
_________
Selection trial (against first graders and stuff too)

Yesterday was rep trials. I was sick, and my bowling was poor. Didn't stop my batting from being excellent, only two possible dismissals, against the under 17s emerging blues spinner, who's 13. Anyway, the coach hinted I'll be batting up the order, like top 4, and I'm stoking. I don't want to open, but he said I might, I don't know whether to have another go at something where my top score is 4, or bat at 3 or 4, crucial positions. Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, I've actually got to make the squad first, which will be in the paper on Wednesday and Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread