Martyn
Gilchrist
Harvey
Bichel
Gillespie
Macgill
McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Australia won the toss and didn't really know what to do, so Ponting closed his eyes, spun around and pointed his finger to a cricket bat, so Australia batted first. This turned out to be a great decision as Australia got off to a marvelous start with an opening partnership of 156. Ponting got out by an unlucky LBW on 93. From then on wickets started tumbling for Australia, with Hayden, Lehmann, Bevan and Martyn getting bowled out by yorkers. Australia ended up all out for 274, which was dissapointing, considering the large opening partnership of Ponting and Hayden.

Bangladesh was sent into bat and were into trouble early by a Gillespie/Gillchrist combination in the first over. More wickets started tumbling for Bangladesh, as it seemed they weren't used to a hard and bouncing pitch and were 4/12 after 5 overs. Australia didn't find another wicket for a while as Alok Kapali and Sanwar Hassain starting hitting some much needed runs. However sooner rather than later bangladesh were 7/68 and Australia were now bowling to the tail enders and were thinking an easy victory was near. However a solid batting performance by Sanwar Hassain accompanied by Khald Hashnd worked up a partnership of 54 until Lehmann got the dangerman Hassain out for 42. Getting into the last 10 over of the innings, Australia had a lot of trouble bowling out the tail enders (typical Australia). Bangladesh batters Mashrafe and Baisy started hitting some fours so a defensive field was needed, however they never came near their target as the required run rate started getting near 30 and over during the last 10 overs of the match and Australia ended up winning the match comfortably by 133 runs.

LESSONS LEARNED
I need to practice hitting runs, or just not getting out by yorkers. Also I need to practice spin bowling and hitting runs off spinners.

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ricky Ponting's Spider graph..... I can't seem to get any runs down mid on, any tips?

Attachments

• pontinginn2.jpg
    pontinginn2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 96

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Thanks... my next match is against Bangladesh again, at Brisbane. A special performance by Australia is a must!

beej

School Cricketer
yeah the match reports sound gr8 n look fun so i mite try n du sum soon but 1 prob is wen i try n press print screen for screenies i go tu paint then n try n paste it says that theres nuffin tu paste
can ne1 help me plz?

joedoe21

Club Cricketer
Tri-Nation Series - Australia VS Bangladesh VS West Indies

Second Match
Australia VS Bangladesh (At Brisbane)

MATCH INFORMATION
  • Hard Pitch
  • Sunny Weather
  • Hot Temperature
  • 50 Over Match
  • Medium Difficulty

SQUAD
Hayden
Ponting
Bevan
Lehmann
Martyn
Gilchrist
Symonds/Harvey (stupid bug)
Bichel
Gillespie
Macgill
McGrath

MATCH REPORT
Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bowl which pleased the opening batsmen as Hayden and Ponting smashed 15 runs off the first over. It seemed as if Hayden was going to get a quick ton at his home ground, however was bowled a perfect yorker and was sent back to the pavilion for just 13. The Australian batsmen didn't seem to be able to continue with their innings, with the top 4 bastmen getting between 10 - 30. Martyn and Gilchrist conjured up a solid partnership consiting of 91 runs, with Martyn falling just short of his half century. The tail collapsed for the Aussies and ended up with a low score of 225. Gilchrist top scored with 57.

Before the Bangladesh innings got underway, Symonds was sent to hostpial with a serious illness, and Harvey was his replacement. Bangladesh got off to another dreadful start, losing a wicket in the second over, cleaned bowled my McGrath. They then started a slow and painful partnership and McGrath struck again with another clean bowled. Wickets started tumbling for Bangladesh, with part-time bowler Darren Lehmann taking 3 wickets. Australia had won again by 134 runs, and recieved a bonus point for the second time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread