No Requests Jono's ICC Downloads

So did you update the patch Chewie?
As I thought you said the editor didn't work, or are you still able to see the ratings, and just not edit them?

So did you update the patch Chewie?
As I thought you said the editor didn't work, or are you still able to see the ratings, and just not edit them?

I haven't done any of that since installing the update. It is still possible to edit using old editors though/artmoney.

I've done SA, SL, WI, Ban, Zim & the 2010 editor of Sathishmania isn't working after the patch update, I can't even see the ratings anymore with it.

I've found a few other gems though :doh
Batsmen
Brett Pelser(SA) 1788
Rilee Rossouw(SA) 1591
Dean Elgar (SA) 1574
Christiaan Schoeman(SA) 1564
Johan Fourie(SA) 1532
Yaseen Vallie(SA) 1523
Uwe-Karl Birkenstock(SA) 1512
Stephen Cook(SA) 1492

And there are more down the line, all of this considering Kallis is 1497, Tendulkar 1466 & Sangakkara 1332 :doh

Bowlers
Apart from McKay (551) & Bollinger (569) & other already known gems-
Nikita Miller(WI) 561
Tumi Masekela(SA) 599
Ethan O'Reilly(SA) 605 (mentioned by hedger14 already)
Friedel De Wet(SA) 612
Ruan Pietersen(SA) 616
Vernon Philander(SA) 618
Ryan McLare(SA) 623
Kyle Abbott(SA) 634
Calvin Flowers(SA) 637
Shaun De Kock(SA) 643
Jandre Coetsee(SA) 645
Tabraiz Shamsi(SA) 648

All of these & there are many more SA, a couple of SL guys & others down the line considering world's best bowler, Steyn, is at 630 :doh

By the way, has anyone looked into the fielding rating? I didn't really pay much attention to it but from the top of my head, I think Michael Clarke was rated level 9, too low for him considering there are 15 levels.

Yea I don't think the fielding rating's accurate. Can you upload the one's you've done? I think that just leaves the rest of India and Pakistan for me to do. Hopefully it should be done this week.

Here it is.

Attachments

• SA,SL,WI,BAN,ZIM.rar
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
Thanks :) I'll add it to what I've currently got shortly, and hopefully I finish the rest soon

Ok, our list now has 2203 names in it. I'll see if I can do India tonight, then only Pakistan is left.

I'd've done Pakistan if the editor hadn't stopped working after the patch.... Anyways, have you found any other gems who are higher than Pelser (1788) or lower than McKay (551), just curious :D Do the developers actually manually set in these ratings or is it based on a fixed algorithm of some sort? CG123 asked Sureshot on CT if some of those SA FC players' ratings will be corrected through patches & Sureshot told him that the COMPUTER can't differentiate between the standards of FC in various countries, so is it that the computer assigns these ratings?

It's something along the lines of, they get the stat files from a website, they put them into some sort of converter thing, then make it into some sort of database and insert it into the game. Then I presume they manually edit some of the famous, high profile players

Chris Child said:
We don't use a database program as such. The player data is read from text files which are provided by Cricket Archive, then converted into C++ data structures and processed by the game to generate player abilities. Once this is done the C++ structures can be saved and then loaded into the game. The process is called a "Serialize" is C++, so it is not the same an an SQL database (which I think is what you are asking).

and btw, it might not be the greatest idea talking about ratings over on the Childish Things Forum because they don't like the fact we have an editor, and our ratings may not be definitive (there may be other aspects we don't know about)

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Oh and I've got the editor working again basically by rolling back the patch, but keeping the updated database. I have the game installed on two computers, and I just took the exe file from the other computer and put it into the folder on my desktop computer. The editor runs based on the exe, and since it was changed in the patch, if you use the old one it works. The problem is that you don't have any of the updated features apart from the database.

I think I might not use the patch until I've finished as I see no reason for an updated database when I'm currently editing one.

It's not like it edits the database in your save file though...

Ok I've finished all the Indian players, just the Pakistani ones left to do. These two are the largest countries too I think :facepalm Took me three goes to do the Indian ones because there are so many players. And lots of them have the same last name which is annoying. Pakistan in the same :facepalm

It's something along the lines of, they get the stat files from a website, they put them into some sort of converter thing, then make it into some sort of database and insert it into the game. Then I presume they manually edit some of the famous, high profile players

Thanks for the info :)

and btw, it might not be the greatest idea talking about ratings over on the Childish Things Forum because they don't like the fact we have an editor, and our ratings may not be definitive (there may be other aspects we don't know about)

Yeah, I sort of gathered that that they don't like it as they refrain from answering any questions regarding ratings :D

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Oh and I've got the editor working again basically by rolling back the patch, but keeping the updated database. I have the game installed on two computers, and I just took the exe file from the other computer and put it into the folder on my desktop computer. The editor runs based on the exe, and since it was changed in the patch, if you use the old one it works. The problem is that you don't have any of the updated features apart from the database.

Ok I've finished all the Indian players, just the Pakistani ones left to do. These two are the largest countries too I think :facepalm Took me three goes to do the Indian ones because there are so many players. And lots of them have the same last name which is annoying. Pakistan in the same :facepalm

Couldn't get it working so re-installed it & added the earlier patch but not the latest one & did Pakistan, it has been added to the earlier file. So we're finally done, phew! :happy I actually didn't mind the repeat names though as I'd just type a letter or two & Excel would auto-complete it :D

Attachments

• SA,SL,WI,BAN,ZIM,PAK.rar
    69.5 KB · Views: 5
Yay :D I'll update the list when I get home, then repost it in the first squad. Thanks so much for your help, I couldn't have done it without you :D

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

:confused: I can't give you reps for that for some strange reason. It says I've given too much in the past 24 hours but I haven't given any for a few months...

Users who are viewing this thread