Justin Langer's Ashes Dossier

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Probably because he was bowling like a D grade club bowler at that time. Bowled consistently too short in that series, and was still struggling majorly with his action, trying to change it in the nets and bowling naturally in the middle. Not surprising that he struggled really, especially considering he was playing against a top class batting line-up.

As for the Chris Martin issue, it's what fast bowlers do, they like roughing eachother up. Dale Steyn wasn't trying to get Anderson out last summer when he hit him in the head and on the body in a Test match last year, yet I don't see people moaning about that.......

Except there is a difference, Martin can't bat at all. It was a disgrace because I don't think he pitched one ball up for entire over (I'll check cricinfo) but I just remember Crowe saying it was such a cowardly thing to do. Plus he had been bowling rubbish all day irrc.

Plus New Zealand was something like 200 runs behind with one wicket left, why not just pitch it up.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, your right. He was terrible then...

Love the sig, however I sense a bit of sarcasm there with the inclusion of Stuart Broad's name.:sarcasm

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Probably because he was bowling like a D grade club bowler at that time. Bowled consistently too short in that series, and was still struggling majorly with his action, trying to change it in the nets and bowling naturally in the middle. Not surprising that he struggled really, especially considering he was playing against a top class batting line-up
I'm not so sure he'd go massively better on a second run. He is superbly effective when conditions suit, but even in these home conditions, 80% of the time he might as well save his energy.

somersetargyle

School Cricketer
its all very easy for everyone to nod their heads now rather than the 2 tests in which england were on top

england have had the problems which all sides go through and i think its a myth that we are the only side with these problems

the aussies are entitled to say and think what they like but weve seen their heads drop before

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, but you guys are shocking with it.

When you guys drop your heads, they stay dropped...

The only person who seems to try is Flintoff. Hence all the love for him from other nations.

somersetargyle

School Cricketer
Yeah, but you guys are shocking with it.

When you guys drop your heads, they stay dropped...

The only person who seems to try is Flintoff. Hence all the love for him from other nations.

i dont think it was the case in cardiff; especially with collingwood

i think its a myth and the fact that many of our own fans go along with it isnt helpful

angryangy

ICC Chairman
i dont think it was the case in cardiff
Maybe you could say that with surety if it was a dangerous pitch, but it wasn't. There's no doubting that the rearguard saved them from an embarrassing result, but for England to actually need it, they must have played with awful resolve up to that point.

chalkyQUAKER

School Cricketer
I think Langer pissed off the English players, that's why they're playing so well now.

We might be playing well because we have good players who want to win this series. The aussies heads have dropped, are you sure Langer was writing about England not Australia?

Don't these Aussie players believe in themselves?

Are they out of their comfort zone?

Mitchell Johnson is bowling like a pussy.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I hear Langer's "dossier" also claims that the Australian bowling attack contains weapons of mass destruction.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
We might be playing well because we have good players who want to win this series. The aussies heads have dropped, are you sure Langer was writing about England not Australia?

Don't these Aussie players believe in themselves?

Are they out of their comfort zone?

Mitchell Johnson is bowling like a pussy.

Yea okay :sarcasm

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Just a bit of topic, but were those bowling plans that were 'leaked' in the 06/07 Ashes real?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I like Justin Lamer, but i guess they should look for someone else to do a dossier next time.

Users who are viewing this thread