Story The PlanetCricket Ashes [ICC 2008]

Burnsy1 hundred 'a watershed moment'
By Brett Shett in Birmingham

article-0-015B72F30000044D-958_468x632.jpg

Burnsy1 made his first test century

Burnsy1's first hundred in a test match was described as a 'watershed' moment by his captain evertonfan as he whacked the Aussies all over the place on the second day of the third test.

Resuming overnight on 56, Burnsy1 carried on and finished unbeaten on 156 as his side were all out for a mammoth 556.

17 fours and a six frustrated the Australians, but they had success at the other end with Mercules out early for 87 and no one else managed to get going.

For once IloveGilly was unsuccessful with the ball, ending with figures of 2-105 from 31 overs.

Pakistani Army removed hedger14 early on in the tourists' reply for 24 but a fifty from Roofrom50 and a slow 18 not out from the skipper Feelin Blue? steadied things.

Stumps, Day 2
England 1st innings: 556 (Burnsy1 156*, Will NA 124, Mercules 87, Giggity Giggity 64)
Australia 1st innings: 112-1 (36 overs)
Australia are 444 runs behind

I'm too shocked to write the result up, I'll just let you see it:

shockerd.jpg

Oh yeah baby, total demolition.

I see I'm quite the all-rounder. 3/37 and an unbeaten half century to guide us home.

Nice big hundred feelinblue?.

Hooper added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Oh yeah baby, total demolition.

I see I'm quite the all-rounder. 3/37 and an unbeaten half century to guide us home.

Nice big hundred feelinblue?.

England scorecard from FIRST TEST, FIRST INNINGS:
Code:
England v Australia
1st Test Match - 1 Jul 2008

England - 1st Innings
----------------------------------------------
 adyhorn        c L' Hander b Covvy       6
 Simbazz        lbw b IloveGilly          35
 Will NA        lbw b IloveGilly          101
 Holdenator     c Roofrom50 b biggy09     57
 H'nder999      c & b Covvy               23
 Burnsy1        c OffCutters b biggy09    11
 evertonfan     c OffCutters b IloveGilly 34
 PaulNixon1     b biggy09                 23
 CG123          b IloveGilly              29
 treva          c Roofrom50 b IloveGilly  10
 P'ni Army      not out                   15
Extras: (nb7,w2,b8,lb5)                   22
TOTAL: (all out, 128.1 overs)             366

O       M       R       W
 IloveGilly     27.1    3       83      5
 Covvy          32      7       77      2
 biggy09        28      5       84      3
 Octavius       22      3       53      0
 Hooper         14      3       38      0
 hedger14       1       0       2       0
 F'n Blue?      4       1       16      0
Fall of Wickets:
1-14  2-77  3-203  4-220  5-245  
6-271  7-295  8-320  9-351  10-366

Australia won by 6 wickets
Man of the match:  Roofrom50

Why don't you post the 3rd test scorecard with all the innings in it? So we can see exactly how we beat you?

Why don't you post the 3rd test scorecard with all the innings in it? So we can see exactly how we beat you?
I will when I get round to it. You can only save individual innings so I'll do that and put them together.

I will when I get round to it. You can only save individual innings so I'll do that and put them together.
Your just lazy.

I do the scorecards for my story. All four.

Its not that hard you lazy git!

Team news: WORLD CHAMPIONS ruled out of rest of series while England contemplate changes after Edgbaston disaster

By Brett Shett in Leeds

Australia will be led by vice captain Feelin Blue? for the remaining two tests of the PlanetCricket Ashes after it was confirmed WORLD CHAMPIONS would miss the rest of the series with injury.

The pseudoindian skipper scored two fifties in the first match of the series at Sophia Gardens but suffered an unfortunate boning knife accident in his London hotel room prior to the second game at Lord's.

Feelin Blue? lost his first match in charge to a determined England team but scored a massive 181 in the last test at Edgbaston to put his country 2-1 up with two to play.

The visitors' camp has not ruled out further changes to strengthen their bowling attack, but said these would not be revealed until Thursday, the first morning of the Headingley test.

For the England squad, movements are expected after an embarrassing defeat in the last test. Little was being given away but Jaztheman is expected to make his debut after being added to the home squad for the Birmingham test.

Oh no! What are we going to do?! Our beloved captain is out?!

you see I can do it when I need to. abysmal performance though on our end we need to fight back hard in the next game. Hopefully wickets and runs.

Users who are viewing this thread