keepcricketfree.com

Just when I thought Cricket in England was on fire and would be for some time...
This will surely slow it down again, many, many young kids are going to miss out
on watching A-Grade cricket and over time they'll probably sway to another sport
from lack of interest and/or accessibility. Now is definitely not the time to switch
to payed-tv, they should be trying to make the Ashes hype last for as long as possible
and not bring it to a premature end. ECB...shame on you!

dazza76 said:
Whats the state of play in Australia?
Could fox outbid channel 9 for the rights to home tests and put you in the same position us poms are in?
There is legislation that says it must be available on free-to-air,
and interestingly (Rupert Murdoch) FOX owns Channel 9.

Hopefully that will spurn them into more cricket action. As i hear their coverage of the cricket was superb.

I would imagine they would just use the same commentators and coverage of the official World Cup broadcast though. It will proberbly include Richie Benaud which is good at least.

i've signed!!
what difference will it make anyway!!
signing the petition!!
government wont listen anyway if its sent to them!!
when will it be sent!!

i so wish they change their mind in time for pakistans series in england next year!!

p.s i have posted the link in some forums!!
hopefully this will help!

Well i think Stevie (sorry if it ws someone else) Went to Westminster with it.

Sureshot said:
Well i think Stevie (sorry if it ws someone else) Went to Westminster with it.

If only I could take credit for it! The original campaign, Save Cricket, was set up by someone called Rhys. As far as I know it's just a continuation of that campaign, which became Keep Cricket Free, now headed by John Grogan MP. 11,722 people have signed the petition now, good going!

This is the second campgain to keep cricket free to air as i have signed up to the one set up by Rhys (who i received the email from)
I havent got to email now as i deleted by mistake but it something like they was going to London (cant remember what part) and that if i wanted to go down they would send me a ticket to get in and protest to keep cricket free unfortunaly i couldnt get down so i couldnt get down
hopefully someone will realise and keep cricket free

Users who are viewing this thread