Kevin Pietersen - Peter Moores Relationship

Peter Moores - yay or nay

• Total voters
I don't know who I would get in but it does seem an inevitability now that Moores is on the way out. I'd guess it would end up being Moody or someone from the domestic game again like Geoff Cook.

However I'm reading on cricinfo that KP wanted Vaughan in but Moores convinced the selectors otherwise whilst Kev wasn't there. So you may not agree with the Vaughan selection but don't blame Moores, blame KP. I personally agree with it, Vaughan might regain that form he lost as captain and he will be a good influence. KP's captaincy is not that good which is too be expected when he's so inexperienced so Vaughan could prove useful in that respect too.

the main problem with England team is that most of their players find it difficult to play outside their country..either they get sick or take the match lightly...the coach cant do anything.

If Warne's opinion's anything to go by, Buchanan's useless.

My main problem with Moores is the fact that he has an absolutely ridiculous bias to his present and former 'Sussex boys'. Aside from that he seems to be a useless selector passing over our performing players time and time again, and not taking us anywhere.

In Past England always has problems with coach, my main problem with moores , he always choose his Sussex player such as prior , Ambrose and wright. So he never pick a new player like as Mark Davies or Joe denly. England Ex-coach always choose pick their favorite player e.g anyone remember Duncan Fletcher choose Ashley Giles over Monty two test or g.Jones over c.read in ashes 06/07

He seem obsession with fitting training and England players look seem forget how play shot or bowls. Hope moores sack and replace shane warne or cook (i forget his name but he work at Durham coach) did good job durham and have good player like as Will smith or Onion or mark Davies.

When Duncan Fletcher step down as coach and ECB go pick Moores over moody but i not understand why ECB pick moores because moody did great job at sri lanka and got their in world cup final.

(i am not very good English grammar because it not my first language and my first language is BSL because i am deaf)

About the Michael Vaughan thing, as much as I'd like to see him back the last time I saw him play a useful innings of cricket was against Australia in 2005 when he scored 166.

He's been bad for sometime now, unless he played good in 2007?

He scored a century in Pakistan after that I think.

Anyways I feel that England have gone sideways instead of forward under Moores. I honestly believe this team is still capable of being one of the top 2-3 sides in the world in test matches. Fletcher's team was, Moores' isnt.

I think most points discussed so far are extremely valid, and I agree totally with them. In short, England have underperformed under Moores.

The only home series England lost in 6 years under Fletcher was Australia. Moores has already lost to SA and India. In fact he's only beaten NZ and WI in any test matches.
Maybe I'm a bit biased having read Fletcher's book recently but I'm also a frustrated England fan.

He refuses to drop Bell whereas I'm pretty sure Fletcher would have by now.

I can think of some far worse players under Fletcher who weren't dropped. Bell is in poor form, but it isn't a huge long run. Given what happened in the last Ashes series, you can't say Fletcher would have done it better. My feelings on Bell are known, as they are with Shah.

I do think people would care to remember that Moores is not the sole selector. I don't think we have gone a great step forward under Moores, but I don't think we've gone back. I think we look better in ODIs, Tests? Not as solid, but there's nothing majorly wrong imo.

We need to get some big results in 2009, then again, people do tend to forget some of the big successes we have had under Moores.

Yes, I know I'm biassed, but then again, it's not surprising when I've seen what he did for us at Sussex.

Colin, we're all frustrated. India and South Africa are much stronger now than they ever were under the Fletcher era.

If KP wanted Vaughan back and Moores didn't, then I say Moores is doing his job...

What KP is lacking in the team is another really good leader, He doesnt have a great vice captain, someone like clarke or dravid. We know Vaughan is a quality player and its an old age saying but its so true 'form is temporary, class is permanent' Vaughan is class, I have mixed views on Vaughans recall.

I think what people are missing is that KP's not upset that Vaughan wasn't selected. He's upset that Moore went behind his back to have him de-selected. You cannot have a coach who wants to undermine the captain. The captain is in charge of the side and needs to have a side he wants or a side that is majoritively one that he is approving of.

So are you saying the captain should always get his way with selection and always have the team he wants?

Maybe cricket has no use for selectors, maybe we should just send the captain to each and every county game on scouting missions during any free time he has available.

Vaughan's form did not warrant selection, and he is old and unfit.

KP is an idiot, I am not surprised there is a rift involving him, he is both stupid and full of himself.

Moores may be guilty of playing favourites (Wright was a dreadful pick), but why blame him for the selection panel's failings?

Surely selectors have some control over selecting teams.

Why does the 4th option say 400 people have voted for it when in fact only 10 people have voted for it :p?

Users who are viewing this thread