Kevin Pietersen

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Kevin Pietersen was the strongest man in the England side as they slumped to defeat in the one-day series. He has now played nine innings for England, making his debut against Zimbabwe last November. Here are his nine innings: 27*, 77*, 0, 22*, 108*, 33, 75, 100*, 116 at an average of 137. He scored 454 runs in the South Africa series and made another 97 in the warm-up match against South Africa A. He was the subject of a report in European Newspaper The Sun today under the headline: KEVIN 'N HELL and subtitled with: Pietersen blitz is not enough. If you are a fan, you can talk about England's new star here in this thread. Do you think he will now become a regular? Will he play Test Cricket? Will he play a part in the Ashes? Chat about Kevin Pietersen.

Source: The Sun

The Sun's where I go for all my cricket info :p

Obviously he has talent and has stood up in a way that only Darren Gough has too in this series. That said I think it's no coincidence that neither played in the Test Series. I'm not a huge ODI fan but I'm still very excited by the prospect of Flintoff and Pieterson in the same team blitzing the Aussies.

his had a great series and he does have talent, but whats with his hair:S its got like a blonde streak lol

Kevin Pietersen's Blonde Streak

Yes, Kevin Pietersen has a blonde streak through his hair. Apparently, according to ICC Cricket World's interview with his Mother, when he asked her what she thought of it she said: "A Mother loves her Child under any circumstances!"

He has to be in the test side. Right now he's England's best batsman.

Hmm. Form is temporary, class is permanent. I don't think it means much to be the player in form (especially when England aren't playing another match for 3 months).

Form Is Tempoary, Class Is Permanent

Quite true. Form is tempoary, class is permanent. A simple example of this is Marcus Trescothick. he played well in the Test Series, but was hopeless in the One-Day Internationals.

I also think it's no coincidence that Kevin Pietersen, Darren Gough and Kabir Ali (the best 3 performers in the ODI series) have played more county cricket than the rest of the England team recently.

Im not sure about Pieterson in test cricket, i guess he could come in at like number 5 when thorpe looses form, he probably has alot to learn about temprement, but then again he showed he had that with his last innings...

Maybe he will replace butcher? (vaughn moving up to three, then thorpe then either pieterson and flintoff)

Pietersen should replace Vaughan. It is about time england woke up and saw that Vaughan is past his time. Trescothick will then be Captain. I fear England will choke in the ashes because of the mental pressure put on by the Australians. New and young blood will not have these fears from the last tours and need to be given a chance.
Anyhow Pietersen has to be in the test squad for the ashes.

nik said:
no i think, butcher's time is over, he is crap!

I suggest you take a look at his average over the three years before saying that. In the second half of his test career he's averaged nearly 40.

Users who are viewing this thread