keyboard help

grandprix_4

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just got Cricket 2004 and find that I cannot use the numpad keys to control shot direction. Is this normal?:(

I am not sure whether it is normal. But, I too experienced the same problem. In Brian Lara Cricket, I was able to use those.

Now, I have to use the normal arrow keys and if I want a cover drive for example, then I have to use the Left + Down arrows. Thanx to Squiz, I was able to get this info.

Thanks for your reply.
I'm just wondering if this now reduces where you can place the ball. If you had the numpad keys, you could probably use a lot more combinations of keys to better control direction with different variety of angles.

Initially, I had some problem adjusting. But, now I have gotten used to it and have no trouble.

Shot selection does not seem to be a problem.

I'm on XP. When I want to play lofted cover drive (or on drive), the OS sounds a beep and I can't play this shot! I think it's got something to do with some shortcut keys in accessibility settings. I switched all of them off, but I'm still having the problem.. :( Any tips?

Too many keys pressed at the same time, it what the beep is signalling. Im not sure how to fix it though

i cant play the shots with the up and left arrow keys...ie late cut for right handers and sweep for left handers....had the same prob in cricket 2002...any solution??

chose ur keys so that no two keys are on the same level.eg a s d f g h j k etc are on the same level. hope u get the picture.

keys that i use are ( i am playing on a laptop)

left ctrl = front foot shot
left shift = back foot shot
q = advanced shot
1 = leave
page down = six hit

Originally posted by varun05
chose ur keys so that no two keys are on the same level.eg a s d f g h j k etc are on the same level. hope u get the picture.

keys that i use are ( i am playing on a laptop)

left ctrl = front foot shot
left shift = back foot shot
q = advanced shot
1 = leave
page down = six hit

What effect does having all keys on different levels effect the game for you?

if u hv more than 1 key in the same level u won't be able to play shots which require multiple keys to be pressed simultaneously
viz.. reverse sweep, hook shot with six hit..etc

this problem was present in c2k2 also.
but when playing on desktop i didn't experienced this problem but on laptop i did and so had to spread out my keys

in c2k4 u can't remap the arrow keys, unlike in c2k2 where you could.
so need to remap the other keys while keeping the arrow keys the same

Originally posted by hposter2000
I'm on XP. When I want to play lofted cover drive (or on drive), the OS sounds a beep and I can't play this shot! I think it's got something to do with some shortcut keys in accessibility settings. I switched all of them off, but I'm still having the problem.. :( Any tips?

How do you fix this????? this is teh problem im getting :(

Users who are viewing this thread