Known Bugs

I recently got the Australian PS2 version and all the bugs listed here seem to apply to this version too, although I have never seen a fielder standing on the pitch.
I find the most annoying one the way the line up changes when you get to the second innings - have experimented to try and find ways around it but can't seem to do it. And the runout bug seems to apply for any balls that go for byes behind the wicket but don't go to the boundary, the batsmen just seem to keep running until they get out....
I also have another bug where the whole game siezes up after a certain point, once I get over 50 overs and about 700 runs it just siezes and needs to be reset. It may be something to do with number of boundaries scored as it always seems to freeze right after hitting a four or six.
I enjoy the game and still seem to spend plenty of time on it (it was worth it to win the ING and PURA Cups for my home state Tasmania!) but these bugs are disappointing and frustrating and would certainly make me think twice about buying another game in the series, especially after coming here and finding out most of them were in 2002 and weren't fixed!

can you please do something about the way players grab the bat, make a program or something in which player grab the bat properly.

it always look awful the way they grab the bats..............

please help .

Okay, here's my list :)

If anyone has an easy way to fix any of them please do let me know...

I'm running the NZ-released PC copy of Cricket 2004 (Just the box and a few splash screens are different I'm guessing).

1> Commentary stops part way through the game. Someone mentioned that it starts up again on it's own, but this hasn't happened for me.

2> Not really a bug, but can you save during a ODI?

3> Sometimes player animations after fielding (catch, dive, etc.) will loop until the next ball is due to be bowled (more amusing than anything)

4> If a ball is hit to mid-off or mid-on, there's a good chance the AI team will do a suicidal run... about a 50/50 chance in my estimation, or worse.

I'm sure there's a few more minor ones, so I'll add more later if necessary :) None of them stop me enjoying the game though... it's rather social-life-destroyingly addictive.

GW

Here's one that's really annoying me:
Fielding
I can't set custom fields for SLA and LS bowlers
When I can for OS bowlers I can't put fielders in the same positions as the default fields (i.e. around the bat)
I can't set fields at all for non-default players after a restore (solved by Sam's exe but not much use if you're running the no runouts one...)

Users who are viewing this thread