Known Bugs

Yes the line-up reverting to default in the 2nd innings is the most annoying one.

Ive also found some other ones:

1) Inaccurate current inning stats (for first boundaries): When the first 4 or 6 has been hit by the batsman, the live in game stats records 2x 4s or 2x 6s in their respective columns. This is not right, it should show only the 1 and most obviously this doesnt addup to the batsman's total run scored. However it rectifies itself after you hit further boundaries.

2) Wide Balls that go to the boundary: Wide balls that go to the boundary for four should be recorded as 4 runs only even if the batsmen crosses over for runs. However in the game, if the batsmen crosses over for a single or two, these runs are added ontop of the 4 wides conceded, adding a total of 5 or 6 respectively. This is incorrect.

3) Fieldsmen fielding the ball when the ball has crossed the boundary: The commentary suggests the ball has crossed over the rope when the fieldsman has picked up the ball. Visually, you can tell the ball has gone over the rope also. However the scores do not record this as a four but the runs the batsmen have already crossed over for in the middle. There is also another bug at this same stage when the fielder has collected the ball that has gone over the boundary. The fielder returns the ball to middle, but no one seems to field his return and the ball (most of the time) reaches the other side of the ground. This causes the game to hang for 5-10 secs. While this delay is occuring, you are able to tell your batsmen to cross over for even more runs.

4) Custom Field Settings: Usually occurs to one bowler, no custom field can be set. This occurs when the the 5 custom field settings lose their numberings (eg Custom1, Custom2.... to become all Custom...)

5) Commentary Delay in annoucement of milestones: eg reaching the team 100, the commentary is usually annouced after the next run/s have been scored after the 100 has been reached.

I hope these comments we make here are passed onto EA.

Scrib said the throw missed the stumps, meaning that's one problem fixed.

In Cricket 2002 it was always a direct hit or straight into the keepers gloves. The throws were always inch perfect. That's obviously changed for 2004.

3) Fieldsmen fielding the ball when the ball has crossed the boundary: The commentary suggests the ball has crossed over the rope when the fieldsman has picked up the ball. Visually, you can tell the ball has gone over the rope also. However the scores do not record this as a four but the runs the batsmen have already crossed over for in the middle. There is also another bug at this same stage when the fielder has collected the ball that has gone over the boundary. The fielder returns the ball to middle, but no one seems to field his return and the ball (most of the time) reaches the other side of the ground. This causes the game to hang for 5-10 secs. While this delay is occuring, you are able to tell your batsmen to cross over for even more runs.

4) Custom Field Settings: Usually occurs to one bowler, no custom field can be set. This occurs when the the 5 custom field settings lose their numberings (eg Custom1, Custom2.... to become all Custom...)

To me even if the ball does go over boundary and fielder fields and throws it back umpire gives it as a boundary something i liked about the game :D element of cheating, so i dont get these two problems.

1. When stats for the batsmen are shown, just before the bowler bowls, the number of sixes and fours scored by the batsmen are sometimes incorrect.

2. Even though keeper animations have improved heaps but keepers stll gives loads of byes and doesnt bother jumping up.

3. The bowling stamina never changes.

4. Some of the wagon wheel and other graphical stats are totally wrong for some players.

5. player names are spelt wrong.

6. Computer AI specially in bowling changing and running between the wickets is awfull

7. Starting line up problem.

Originally posted by Scribbller@Dec 20 2003, 02:16 PM
3. The bowling stamina never changes.
Yes, i was also wondering about that. Of all the games ive played, ive never ever seen the bowler stamina indicator change. Even in play bowling one bowler for long periods does not affect their performance. If this does get fixed, how will we see the representation of the deterioration of a bowler's stamina in the game? Larger bowling cursors? Irregular power-ups?

Again i hope all of these comments are forwarded to Hb-studios or something.

These will be forwarded to HB studious that is why we are collecting everything here, the fact that stamina never changes just beats the concept of adding that feature.

Originally posted by James Driscoll@Dec 19 2003, 01:30 PM
Scrib said the throw missed the stumps, meaning that's one problem fixed.

In Cricket 2002 it was always a direct hit or straight into the keepers gloves. The throws were always inch perfect. That's obviously changed for 2004.
Yes some throws hit the stumps but most of the time not, and the fielders have to backup.

the fatigue meter worked for me..me bowler lost some energy but i didnt bowl...i did auto play for 5 overs(i dont like bowling with quicies but enjoy wit spinners) and i think it was collymore and his bar was down...

This has happened a few times,

The ball is caught by the fielder, apparently over the rope and they say "OUT" etc and then say "6 Runs" after the "OUT" commentry and the batsman is still in.

Also same mistake of , "that wasn't time perfectly" followed by "timed to perfection that shot", well was or wasn't it ?? :rolleyes:

another bug is when you edit a player and go on a foreign tour, two versions of that player will show up. the edited and the default one. this needs to be fixed.

recently in my long tour of australia, i was playing the one day against NSW and i saved in the 42nd over, went to sleep...opened cricket 2004 and was able to play only the 43rd over and the game would go to the ingame menu screen and not respond when i pressed resume. so now i have to start my tour over :angry:

I saw a bug where a fielder kept picking the ball up over and over until play resumed

Hi i just got the game and was wondering if this bug ever happens to any of you..-
When i'm batting i sometimes see the CPU have a third man plus another one right in front of him lol

Sometimes when you or the cpu edges it through the slips, Richie and Jim call it overthrows and put forward about 5 sentances about, "Poor feilding", "He could have been run out, but now he has some overthrows." Also, you can't run on overthrows either.

The commentary is pathetic and the game seriously needs a good commentary patch. Another bug is found is of faces it looks like EA didnt really bother doing the faces, the other day i was playing against Westindies and Sarwan was given Youhanna's face.

Users who are viewing this thread