KP's BLIC Review

No problem KP, cant wait for the game. Im really hoping that when playing australia on test match the batting is no where near as easy since this ruined 05 for me. If you do play them on test level let us no how you get on. Cheers matey!

thanks for those answers. Interesting. The game seems better already.

Panesars Patka said:
No problem KP, cant wait for the game. Im really hoping that when playing australia on test match the batting is no where near as easy since this ruined 05 for me. If you do play them on test level let us no how you get on. Cheers matey!

Not playing australia, but playing WI and Jerome Taylor is uberly quick on test difficulty, managed to scrape 2 runs off the last ball of the first over, field setting is really defensive aswell, no gaps at all, quite a step up from the difficulty above slog mode :P, very fun though.

thanks for the answers kp!..mainly I'm concerned about the AI setting and chasing totals..more details on this would be great as you play more esp. against the tougher teams on a higher difficulty....already the game sounds great - thanks again!

has anyone bowled 100mph yet?? Obviously the only one that can do it is shoaib but i thought maybe, on the game, a couple of others might be able to?

Also, is Monty good??

No-ones bowled 100mph yet, closest i've seen is about 97mph by Brett Lee, havent played Pakistan yet.

Also, havent played as Monty yet either, havent started the world cup and am only 8.2 overs into my test match first innings. Andrew Strauss is very good though, he's unbeaten on 26 so far, with cook just gone for 31. The differences in pace between 2 fast bowlers is amazing, Taylor is extremely hard to pick the swing and general direction with Collymore much easier to pick and play, i am managing to hit a few boundaries off his bowling.

Test difficulty has bought a whole new level of fun-ness to the game, plays much more realistically which therefore makes it more fun, its way funner than 5* on cricket 07, which i just find dull and end up simulating most of the match.

*Waits for tomorrow when BLIC will arrive*
So test difficulty is realistic but keeps the fun factor alive?

Cowburn199 said:
*Waits for tomorrow when BLIC will arrive*
So test difficulty is realistic but keeps the fun factor alive?

Too right, its tough and i dont think i'd have been able to cope with test difficulty from the start, but once you are competent on a lower difficulty above slog mode, it is very fun. Only thing wrong with test matches is the names, all are pretty simple to understand though:
I. Berwick= Ian Bell
D Garang= Darren Ganga
K Paulson= Kevin Pietersen
C Redman= Chris Read
E Gilchurch= Adam Gilchrist

etc, all pretty easy to figure out, i reckon it'll just be the associate teams that i find difficult to get the real names of :P

Ian Bell/Berwick :P pwns on this game, i've hit 27 from 18 balls with him and hit some delightful cover drives, real Ian Bell strokes. The cover drive just feels so nice when you hit it off the middle with perfect timing, races to the fence.

I'm now 110-2 off 13.4 overs, a pretty high run rate but it is tough, i had an outside edge go past the WK for four and a poor spell of bowling from Collymore, but bravo and Powell have slowed the run rate down, i am choosing to dab singles around now just to keep the partnership going. Strauss is on 38*. Heres how the scorecard looks currently:
A. Strauss- not out- 38 (38)
A. Cook- c Ganga- b Taylor- 31 (24)
M Vaughan- c Ramdin?- b Powell- 8 (12)
I Bell- not out- 27 (18)

Tis going well :D

110-2 off 13 overs...? Thats still what, over 8 runs p/o. Still sounds like it's too easy to smack it around to me...how much have you resisted smacking balls that you could have, just to try and make the game feel more realistic?

Nope, just played a shot when it is on, most of the balls that have had boundaries hit off them have deserved to be hit. And like i said, the run rate has slowed quite abit now that the more medium pace bowlers are on, when gayle comes in that will really slow the run rate. Maybe i could do with leaving a few more balls, i have edged 2 balls that i shouldnt have played and got out :P.

furry muff then! I just have veeeeeeeery little money but I really wanna get this game, but blic05's easyness just killed it for me, I prefer cricket 07 just because it can be insanely hard!

genesis6891 said:
110-2 off 13 overs...? Thats still what, over 8 runs p/o. Still sounds like it's too easy to smack it around to me...how much have you resisted smacking balls that you could have, just to try and make the game feel more realistic?

The game is very easy, i have already masterd batting on the hardest level.
If the cpu put more than 2 men on the boundry in a 50 over odi game, it may help. But they refuse to. :mad:

The_gas said:
The game is very easy, i have already masterd batting on the hardest level.
If the cpu put more than 2 men on the boundry in a 50 over odi game, it may help. But they refuse to. :mad:

They have 4 people on the boundary on my game and its a test match, it must just be a problem with your game.

Users who are viewing this thread