Kumble's 600: A proud moment for Indian Cricket

He has 20 played 20 tests fewer than Warnie and if he plays as many tests as Warnie, he will have 700+ wickets as well (although Warnie had a better S.R and avg).
It's a big ask, but possible if he keeps his current form and fitness.

But 700 is a way off... but it would be fitting if Kumble ended up with 700+ because he deserves it.

(When he reached 500 I was not sure whether he would get to 600 but he has)

I want him to beat 700 so bad.
Just so he can rub it in his face and say that he not only has 700 wickets, but has captained his country and hit a hundred as well, things I believe Shane wanted to do. :)

Congrats Anil Bhai. He has been tirelessly serving Indian Cricket for so long, and certainly deserves every single wicket he has got, and many more.

He can get 700 if he plays for another 2-3 years, for sure. Doubt he'll go on that long. But great record anyways.

I just wish he could have put more effort into his batting he could have been such a better batsman , well atleast he got that one 100 :)

Congratulations Anil Bhai! :)

Bring on 700! ;)

Congragulations Jumbo (Anil Bhai).... That was an awesome achievement.

I rate him above Murali and close to Shane Warne (not better though!). Kumble might not get the spin of Murali or Warne, but the variety that he has, combined with the turn that he gets is enough to cause panic amongst the best of batsmen. Once upon a time, he was called a "tiger at home" and a "cat abroad" because most of his wickets came at home and he struggled abroad. But he has changed that spectacularly in the last 5-6 years (ironically, it all probably started with the Australia tour of 2003-04 where Kumble picked up 24 wickets in 4 tests) and since then, he has been as successful overseas (in fact even more!) than he has been successful at home.

That test hundred was an icing on the cake, and so is the captaincy that has been given to him. A very calm, composed character and has not been involved in many controversies so far in his career. He is fit to be called a legend!

Jumbo you are the man but tbh we need a young spinner coming through quickly or very soon India will have no test match class spin bowler. Time for Chawla or Amit Mishra to raise there game.

I want him to beat 700 so bad.
Just so he can rub it in his face and say that he not only has 700 wickets, but has captained his country and hit a hundred as well, things I believe Shane wanted to do. :)

In the instance where Shane Warne scored 99, the ball he lost his wicket on was a no-ball missed by the umpire, which was later revealed to Warne in many television interviews. I know extra's do not count towards one's individual score, but I feel certain that Shane could have just blocked out the over for a quick single.

But there's no use dwelling on what if's. Congrats to Kumble on the milestone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread