Laptop Heat-up: Help me.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, few days ago my sister by mistake plugged the PSP (5v) adaptor with my Acer Laptop, the laptop then went off surprisingly. I quicky removed it and yes I did call her a bitch and all that. :mad

Since then the laptop heats up more then normal, although everything is normal apart from that.

Also the Acer Adaptor was 85V and psp one is 5V....

Anything that should be wrong? and how to fix that? is it dangerous?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Guys, few days ago my sister by mistake plugged the PSP (5v) adaptor with my Acer Laptop, the laptop then went off surprisingly. I quicky removed it and yes I did call her a bitch and all that. :mad

Since then the laptop heats up more then normal, although everything is normal apart from that.

Also the Acer Adaptor was 85V and psp one is 5V....

Anything that should be wrong? and how to fix that? is it dangerous?
My Acer slimeline PC blew up when I took it to Pakistan and plugged it in. It was even 110 V - 220 V!

I just chucked it a targeted house nearby :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Thanks, but does it make a massive difference? Also, what do you think may have happened then?
Depends. Even though the voltage is lower, quite a lot of current might have passed, which might have damaged your processor or some stuff like that, though I highly doubt it.

It might be that a laptop fan blew up in the process. Your best bet is to contact Acer and get it fixed. Lowering clockspeeds will help but it isn't a permanent solution - You do want all the firepower you paid for, don't you? ;)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Well, I didn't suggest it as a solution, rather it would have helped diagnose the problem easily.
If the temperatures manage to reduce, it could be due too CPU overload. Else, it might be a burnt/faulty fan.

Is it making noise as well??

usy

Chairman of Selectors
no noise just average temp of 68/75 [0]C...

Abhas

Retired Administrator
When you load up NHC, switch it to Max Battery Mode. This will ensure that the CPU is underclocked. Now see if the temperature reduces.

afridi25

International Cricketer
is your fan actually working, is there a hum when the system starts up (like that of a fan)
If there isn't u need to replace the fan. however its doubtful that its broken coz your machine would be frying by now.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
nothing much, I put it in the refrigerator for about 20 seconds.

afridi25

International Cricketer
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You put it in a fridge:p

(not a bad idea:D)

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, it did kool down, as it needed to chill out. I don’t recommend that to anyone though, do it at your own hazard.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Lol. Don't do it again.

If you have a dry icepack, I recommend putting it near the hard disk, and the fan. This will cool it down a bit. Don't overdo it, because, when you stop, the sudden change of temperature might do some damage.

Users who are viewing this thread