New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...by "us" he means me as well.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Curious then about the list of teams that ship with the game. I think that this answers a few questions but also tells us what work needs to be done before release.

I am yet to download the thing but it seems like there are some "rake" players (real but fake). It looks like that is only for International, Australian and English domestic, IPL and some historical teams.

So whilst these rake players don't have correct faces and names they have correct stats, which saves creators time. It also lets the communicate dedicate more time to the other domestic leagues which have nothing at the moment.

Regarding the levels of the teams, they are only down to first class/2020 level. How does that impact on the career mode? I was under the impression you started as a 16 year old schoolboy. You never specifically said there would be underage competitions, but on the other hand not many 16 year old school kids play state/county cricket.

Also it would seem like career mode would only be playable in England and Australia out of the box but the other domestic leagues should be completed by release if people are keen :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I just assumed they were all random so they could take you through the 20 years of career mode.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I just assumed they were all random so they could take you through the 20 years of career mode.

I understand they wouldn't have the time to create club teams but is it worthwhile for the community to start making them if they want? Wouldn't be worth the effort if there were no way to start a career at Richmond or Casey etc.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I plan on just using the PC.net squad... unless there's a "default" club in the Academy you play for?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
What they do for the High School games in NCAA Football in superstar mode is generate a random set based on the state that your player is from; but allow free editing of that before you start (in EAs nifty team creator that allows you to upload your own logos and stuff). It wouldn't surprise me if each domestic level is a bit like that (pick what teams are in the league and what competitions they play after downloading/making them in the academy) - it would fit in with the customisable nature of the game; and makes total sense!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Umm, so i linked the players of the default english team with my created ones one by one (made sure stats are unchecked). And then finally linked the default team with the created team.

So now the default team got replaced by the created team but all the team attributes are 0 stars. The original default team completely vanished even after i tried unlinking (mentioned before). And the linked players in the created team does not seem to have any stats at all. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong.

While trying to link teams, i do not see the created india team in options (it lists the other 5). It definitely gets listed under all teams though. had to download the india team from the server to get that team in the "link" window.

More edit: just noticed under all players each of the england players are double. One with all the stats and attributes and the other without any.

Another edit.....Shout out to the guy in big ants who did all the stats. Must have been a b!tch. Bet it was one of those poor interns who had to do this. :p

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Hey Ross, for now please ignore everything I have mentioned. I think I found out what I was doing wrong (stupid mistake), Thanks for the help :)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
^^Put strike through them.

@ross...finally found a bug that might not be related to my incompetence of using the editor.

After linking a player with attributes/skills/stats checked off, height and body shape does not seem to be getting replaced. Thought that would be part of visual (option was checked) right? Created players would change to the body shape/height of the default players after linking

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
@israr, how did you overcome the original disc team disappearing?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
i did not. ross pmed and said he will take care of that part.

After linking a player with attributes/skills/stats checked off, height and body shape does not seem to be getting replaced. Thought that would be part of visual (option was checked) right? Created players would change to the body shape/height of the default players after linking

Can someone confirm this bug?

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Did you try linking players first before team linking?

This is how it worked best for me for international teams(other than the height glitch) and the default team did not vanish.

1. Link players of your created team one by one with only the first two options checked and skills/attributes/stats unchecked.

2. Once all the players are linked try linking the team with only the "player" UNchecked. That makes sure all the players that you just linked to get stats/attributes does not get overwritten by the created players.

3. Now you should still have both the teams. The created one and the default one you just updated. Upload the default team and you should be done as server will take this new team and overwrite your previously created team on the server; only this team will have all the stats/skills etc.

P.s. I had to uninstall CA and delete all my saved team/player information and reinstall again to get all the default teams back. Also had to redownload my created players.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^^Put strike through them.

@ross...finally found a bug that might not be related to my incompetence of using the editor.

Not so much a big as a throwback to the AFL Live game - we will change this - just working out if we can just change the dictionary on the server or whether it will be in a patch. I'll let you know.

srk121

International Coach
Did you try linking players first before team linking?

This is how it worked best for me for international teams(other than the height glitch) and the default team did not vanish.

1. Link players of your created team one by one with only the first two options checked and skills/attributes/stats unchecked.

2. Once all the players are linked try linking the team with only the "player" UNchecked. That makes sure all the players that you just linked to get stats/attributes does not get overwritten by the created players.

3. Now you should still have both the teams. The created one and the default one you just updated. Upload the default team and you should be done as server will take this new team and overwrite your previously created team on the server; only this team will have all the stats/skills etc.

P.s. I had to uninstall CA and delete all my saved team/player information and reinstall again to get all the default teams back. Also had to redownload my created players.

So does that mean i have to only download your team and link that team with my defualt team to get it working? Or i still have to link players too?

Users who are viewing this thread