London Explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.

themuel1

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Two people have been killed and scores have been injured after at least seven blasts on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.
UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said it was "reasonably clear" there had been a series of terrorist attacks.

He said it was "particularly barbaric" that it was timed to coincide with the G8 summit. He is returning to London.

An Islamist website has posted a statement - purportedly from al-Qaeda - claiming it was behind the attacks.

London's police chief Sir Ian Blair said there had been "many casualties" but it was too early to put a figure to those killed or injured.

More than 100 casualties and one of the dead were taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.

And St Mary's Hospital said it was dealing with 26 injured people, including four with critical injuries and eight in a serious condition.

Sir Ian urged people to stay where they were and not to call emergency services unless it was a life-threatening situation.

He reassured the public that an emergency plan was in place and the situation was "steadily coming under control".

Scotland Yard said explosions have been reported at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.

hope any pc members living around that area are safe.

It was a really sad day even though many people were happy after the celebration and then the next day the bomblast took place in London.

I feel sorry for the people of london and other areas,

A sad story indeed.

Yes it is a very sad day, i feel for all the people involved and those who have lost loved one's as part of these attacks.

Let us just hope that one day these attacks will be stopped.

An aweful attack!These people had obviously planned it for the start of the G8 meeting,so they could get the maximum amount of fear and terror.These people are cowards,and i can't see these sort of attacks stopping,for all the rhetoric we get from world leaders,very little has happend in actually preventing these sort of things.There must be some sort of push from inside the Islamic community.

Just found out thay my mum was in London yesterday, but fortunately nowhere near the places that were attacked.

It really is sickening that people out there who do this. Not only that, but they think that it is morally justifiable!

The sad irony in all this is that if their aim is to get British troops to leave Iraq, they've made it so that British troops will now definitely stay in Iraq!

Apparently there's been over 50 confirmed now. Terrible incident, not just for London but for the whole world. It's amazing how calmly the people of London have reacted though. I just can't believe anyone would be so sick to do this.

Auwais said:
Apparently there's been over 50 confirmed now. Terrible incident, not just for London but for the whole world. It's amazing how calmly the people of London have reacted though. I just can't believe anyone would be so sick to do this.

Yap Death Toll is keep on rising it. Man I feel sorry for them.

It is important now that the ppl of London stay together and do not divide up the communities, this cannot be blamed on the muslim community as the people doing this are not true muslims if they go out killing people as that is not what there religion is all about and they are far from it.

All the muslims i know are sickened by the whole thing and do not agree with it at all, and now is the time that we must bring them closer into our communities and not squeeze them out, as at the end of the day we are all one country no matter what our skin colour or religious beliefs are, and all the idiots out there pin pointing muslims are as bad as the terrorists responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread