London Explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ well said man... i hate those kinda people who do these kind of barbaric acts.. we muslims are a peaceful people and a peaceful relegion BUT some people are so into the fanatic mode, they don't care about who's life they are effecting. I just hope there isn't a backlash towards muslim communtiies now

Before even thinking of a backlash on muslim communities those people should think that there is the normality that there were muslims in and around the areas where explosions occured and probably injured too, surely people who claim to be muslim and claim to be doing this for the muslim religion would make sure the attacks were away from there own people but this attack was done without any care of who the people affected religions were.

I for one have many muslim friends being from Bradford (hmmm lol) and i respect there beliefs a great deal and in no way wud i ever expect to see one of my friends go away and do something like this because they believed it was the right thing, it is simply not and being suspicious around muslim people should be totally out of the question as like u said E=MC u are a peaceful people and religion and i for one would stand up for any muslim who was harassed by some stupid idiot who cleary wud not have an idea what they were on about.

Briggsey said:
It is important now that the ppl of London stay together and do not divide up the communities, this cannot be blamed on the muslim community as the people doing this are not true muslims if they go out killing people as that is not what there religion is all about and they are far from it.

All the muslims i know are sickened by the whole thing and do not agree with it at all, and now is the time that we must bring them closer into our communities and not squeeze them out, as at the end of the day we are all one country no matter what our skin colour or religious beliefs are, and all the idiots out there pin pointing muslims are as bad as the terrorists responsible.
Very true :clap Defintely couldn't have said it better!This also needs to happen in other countries.We need to make a concerted effort(in australia) to include Muslims in our society and not let them become aloof from the rest of us.

Just saw this on the Yahoo News Page, source is Sky News

Tuesday July 12, 04:32 PM

Police 'Identify' Suspected Bus Bomber All four suspected bombers died during the London terror attacks, according to police sources.Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said three bombers died on the Tube and one on the No 30 bus.

It was still not clear if the man on the bus had been a suicide bomber.

It follows witness reports of a man on the No 30 bus in an agitated state constantly looking into his bag before the blast in Tavistock Square.

Brunt said police had made a number of arrests in Leeds today in relation to last Thursday's bombings.

They were also poised to make arrests in London, he said.

The news comes as armed police search a house in Leeds after the Army used a controlled explosion to get in.

Hundreds of people had already been evacuated from the area around Hyde Park Road, Burley.

No one was in the house at the time but armed officers had been used as a precaution.

Five other homes in Leeds had earlier been raided by police hunting the terrorists behind last week's attacks.

Neighbours at one of the addresses said a 22-year-old man who lived there with his family had gone missing.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said the raids were "directly connected" to Thursday's atrocity.

Hours later, police evacuated Luton railway station and car park to recover a vehicle suspected of being linked with the terrorist attacks.

The guy on the bus apparantly was waiting at a station but got moved on because of the other blasts. It is also believed that he was trying to diffuse the bomb because the plan had backfired.

sachin said:
Very true :clap Defintely couldn't have said it better!This also needs to happen in other countries.We need to make a concerted effort(in australia) to include Muslims in our society and not let them become aloof from the rest of us.
Just noticed this.

The problem we have in the UK is that the government aren't making Muslims feel included in society. Recent years have seen an increase in single faith schools across the UK. So the school system is basically telling kids that they're different from each other. How are muslim kids supposed to feel included in society if they're not able to mix with kids of different backgrounds?

I've certainly noticed that Muslims above my age (25) are more included in British society than those below my age.

Multi-culturism is a wonderful thing, but by emphasising societies diversity, we run the risk of splitting it apart.

These suicide bombers think by killing an English will lead them to heaven and god will bless them,Which is not the case,Killing a civillian is the worst crime you can commit as an muslim,

Muslims are decent people,They have nothing to lose from this,people who do this are mainly twist minded,and The war in Iraq also plays a major part in why this is happening simply because they want the British to pull their troops out of Iraq which will not happen and time soon.

So people who are English please dont think that muslims are bad people,They are decent shy people who most of them imigrate to countries such as england,usa etc to have a good life and educate their kids,

I have one thing to say to any terrorist out there:

Bring it on you terrorist *******s
It takes more than a few bombs to keep good, innocent people down
Take US on at your peril

Sorry everyone, needed to get that off my chest...

andrew_nixon said:
Just noticed this.

The problem we have in the UK is that the government aren't making Muslims feel included in society. Recent years have seen an increase in single faith schools across the UK. So the school system is basically telling kids that they're different from each other. How are muslim kids supposed to feel included in society if they're not able to mix with kids of different backgrounds?

I've certainly noticed that Muslims above my age (25) are more included in British society than those below my age.

Multi-culturism is a wonderful thing, but by emphasising societies diversity, we run the risk of splitting it apart.
Well said Andrew,but i think i was kinda saying the same thing :confused: (were you agreeing with me or making a different point all together?).There is always going to be a problem when you've got those racist pricks over at the BNP,spoutiing crap,and there supporters committing racially motivated crimes.

sachin said:
Well said Andrew,but i think i was kinda saying the same thing :confused: (were you agreeing with me or making a different point all together?).There is always going to be a problem when you've got those racist pricks over at the BNP,spoutiing crap,and there supporters committing racially motivated crimes.
I was making an additional point, that in the UK we aren't trying to include Muslims in our society, in fact we are marginalising them from society.

andrew_nixon said:
I was making an additional point, that in the UK we aren't trying to include Muslims in our society, in fact we are marginalising them from society.
Right, thanks for the confirmation Andrew.Well what do you think the backlash will be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread