Longest Online BLIC 2007 Game

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey. I'm about to buy this game today. Luckily it'll be form EB so I can return it within a week if I like.

How long do you guys play online games for? Luckily it's a fast-paced game so would a 50 over one dayer be possible? I don't want to be stuck with just 10 and 20 over games. Is there an option to play a test match online? Doubt many would though as you can't save it.

Any chance of creating an online save ability?

Also, what is the lag like for overseas games and games within your own country. Hopefully there should be a few Aussies online when I get it but I was hoping I'd be able to take on a few Poms and Sub-Continentians as well. Maybe even a Kiwi or two as well :p

Demon_fire

School Cricketer
Hello there,

Well tbh with you , not many ppls play 20 overs games online let alone 50 lol.. 10 overs game is most famous online and thats what most ppls play. some even play 6 only. and as for your question about lag, it all depands on your connection aswell as other person's connection. I m in europe and i have played lots of ozzies/kiwis and it played fine without much problem, altough it did take a bit of pause after each delivery in some cases. so imo you should be fine as long as u have atleat 512k connection.

regards and hope to see u in gamespy lobby soon :).

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I have a 512k ADSL connection though it doesn't seem to a bast 512k...if that makes sense. I don't mind pauses inbetween deliveries. It's only lag during the actual ball that I don't want. Disconnections too would drive me insane. Is there a D/L method or something to come up with a winner in the case of a DC? That'd at least help a little.

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
I've played a good dozen or so Twenty20 games. Most will be open to the idea, although 10 seems to be the standard.

I might look at organizing some kind of 40 over league.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Since when does 40+20 = 50.

Unless of course your talking about a total of an extra 20 overs which is strange.

Anyhow.

Until a patch rectifies the scoring 10, or maybe 20 is where it would most likely stand.

800+ in ODI would be absurd and boring

Users who are viewing this thread