Your Cricket Lost Technique...

I tried soft hand. Man how do people bat like that. I feel so weak! It feels weird to me. I mean I can bat. But I chase after it.

Went to the nets yesterday and got bowled by a straight one first up :laugh I need to follow my own advice. Cracked the next few though, including some nice cuts and cover drives. Showed quite a few signs of rust from the off season. My bowling was lousy.

@ McLovin: Lol, but you have to remember though that everybody has their own styles. If you read the previous comments, you would have realized that it's best that you try to improve your technique, rather than completely changing it. [Unless you're in a state of fail-ness, which would require a miracle.] LOL, don't worry man, just keep practising.

@ Gazza: Yeah I've had quite a few of those balls at me. :P
But in all fairness you're just coming back from the off-season, and looking to regain form.
Also remember that before success, one must withstand failure.

So keep it up guys!
Comments & suggestions will be appreciated! [:

My advise would be get a heavier bat (this worked for me greatly in the nets) the heavier bat will slow you down thus causing you to time the ball instead of dabbing at it.

@ Seoken: No offense, but Hell no! LOL
The whole reason I'm in this problem is because of my new, heavier bat.
And personally with my style of batting, I'd rather use a light bat.

Thanx for the advice though. Sorry if I offended you or sounded rude. [:

Comments are STILL appreciated. [:

@ Seoken: Yeah no problem man, thanx for the advice though. [:

Still open to suggestions from anyone. Don't be shy. :]

If you are not comfortable with heavy bat then change it. But if you are stuck with the heavier bat then use the loose lower hand grip coz tight bottom handed grip with a heavier bat (with which you are not comfortable) would result in lesser control in the shots.

If you are not comfortable with heavy bat then change it. But if you are stuck with the heavier bat then use the loose lower hand grip coz tight bottom handed grip with a heavier bat (with which you are not comfortable) would result in lesser control in the shots.

Stuck with a heavy bat? No i love them.

Yeah i just realized that about 3 or 4 days ago my shots are a-lot more consistent if i hold with a looser bottom hand. Thanks for verifying that thats what i was doing that was helping a bit.

A bit off-topic, How does the OP of this thread have my old Blind Society sig?

I also love the heavy bat. Its just the matter of getting used to it. Your muscles would become strong overtime and then you wont feel its weight that much. But a lighter bat would feel very awkward then :p

I always play with a looser bottom hand grip unless i need to slog.:D

I also love the heavy bat. Its just the matter of getting used to it. Your muscles would become strong overtime and then you wont feel its weight that much. But a lighter bat would feel very awkward then :p

I always play with a looser bottom hand grip unless i need to slog.:D

Yeah i'm 15 i weight 115 kg and i'm 6 1" so it doesn't take much getting used to a heavier bat. I used a light bat for a while but i felt i was always getting out because i was playing the shots to quickly. A heavier bat slows me down so that i time the shots correctly.

Interestingly, if you are struggling with keeping your elbow high, buy an arm guard, and wear it quite low on your arm in the nets (don't do this in a game as if the arm guard is touching your glove, and you get caught off it, you're out) and if your elbow isn't high enough it will be uncomfortable. If it is high enough, then it will feel fine.

Worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread