Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Luke Ronchi
208421.html

Code:
First-class  @ 	37.94 	
List A @25.95 	
[email protected]

Luke Ronchi has quickly confirmed his place as the next in line for Australia's wicketkeeping position after Adam Gilchrist and Brad Haddin. An accomplished gloveman, Ronchi has also demanded the selectors' attention with the type of clean hitting that has become a trademark of Western Australia keepers. He took over the role from another rapid-scoring right-hander, Ryan Campbell, during 2005-06 and two games after Campbell's retirement Ronchi blasted a run-a-ball century against New South Wales. Last summer he hammered the fastest hundred in Australian domestic one-day history. His 56-ball century against New South Wales featured a series of powerful pulls off Stuart Clark, and the effort eclipsed the 62-ball record set by Ronchi's team-mate Adam Voges two seasons earlier. Another highlight was his 89 from 49 balls against an England XI in the Lilac Hill match in December. Ronchi finished 2006-07 with 40 first-class dismissals and 378 Pura Cup runs at 31.50, and 339 Ford Ranger Cup runs at 37.66. His rewards were a third winter at the Academy and selection for the Australia A tour to Pakistan. Ronchi celebrated a first-class double of 90 and 33 against Tasmania on debut in 2002-03 and then outlined his method. "I just tried to have fun and it went from there," he said. He struck a wild 67 from 24 balls in the first Twenty20 game in Australia, cannoned 51 off 43 against the Pakistanis and smacked 40 off 13 for the Prime Minister's XI in 2004-05. Born in New Zealand, he has no intention of playing for the Black Caps.
Cricinfo staff July 2007

This Guy will be 2x better then gilly.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
looks like good prospect for Aussis...
But I have small problem with last line Bro "This Guy will be 2x better then gilly".

Even before he has made his debut you are expecting him to be 2x better than Gilly...Gilly is legend because Gills don't born every day..Although hope he'll do best for his Country..Wish him all success..

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I like his name.

But Brad Haddin is good batsman. He has very good batting technique and will be successful in batting department easily. Never seen him keep though for long time to judge on that.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
They actually have similar First-Class averages if you take Gilly's Test statistics off of his First-Class record.

Funnily enough, Gilchrist made his FC debut as a batsman in the same match as McGrath did and Ponting was playing aswell. Punter made a century and McGrath took a 5fer in the first innings. ;)

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well He might be of same caliber or talent as Gilly..But that never makes him as great as Gilly..We all know what it takes to earn label 'Legend'..

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He's going to have to wait for his chance, he's got nothing on Haddin atm. Haddin's going to have the gloves for a good few years I reckon, he's a handy keeper and a fantastic batsman. Can he open successfully in ODi cricket though?

ajdude

International Coach

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
This Guy will be 2x better then gilly.

Lmao, this part is just laughable. Yes, he's got talent but there is no way that he'll be even half of Gilly.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Ronchi is very hit and miss isn't he? I keep trying to keep trying to keep up with Aussie domestic cricket and things and he seems to either blaze 60-100 in 70 odd balls or be out within the first couple of overs. So I assume, having never physically seen him that he has all the raw materials to be a very good player he just needs to find the consistancy with his attacking style that Gilchrist found and which made him such a brilliant player.

Brady

School Cricketer
I dont care how good this guy is,he simply wont ever be as good as adam gilchrist.

cricket sure is gonna miss gilly smashing the ball to all parts

Users who are viewing this thread