Luton Town to start next season with a 30 point deduction

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay, I'm not a Luton supporter but what is going on? And what is going on with Football in general?

The main thing that annoys me with this is when a team goes into Administration they get deducted points! Now where is the common sense in that?!? They've just lost a whole lot of money and now your going to make it worse by deducting them points, Why don't they help them? Instead of doing that? I would really like to know why, because its the same with Gretna and this really quite honestly pisses me off!

Reading through the article again which can be found here they have some 3rd party agent involved okay I can see where they come from there but with the financial irregularities I don't see the point.

Honestly I'm not a big football fan but I do know quite a bit of stuff about (especially the offside rule:p)

So can somebody explain?

Deducting points for going into administration is supposed to encourage clubs to run their clubs using a sound business model rather than spend spend spend.

Doesn't really work, most clubs spend more than they should and just live in the hope that they'll get some success or that the cash won't stop coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread