malinga

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just seen his bowling action for the first time.:eek:I thought throwing the ball wasnt allowed?

Haha, nah he's not throwing the ball mate, it's perfectly legal.

What rock have you been under the last few years? He took 4 wickets in 4 balls in the WC, surely you heard of that?

He's been on the international circuit for over 5 years and this is the first time you saw him? as Mark said what rock have you been under and FYI he isn't throwing or chucking, he's got a unique action which is quite slingy similar to Tait or Edwards.

Maybe he's new to cricket in general?

It is actually harder to chuck the ball with Malinga's action. Try bending your elbow while bowling horizontally, not possible.

Chucking is defined as the bend in the elbow...there is no rule against a bend in the shoulder (barring something like underarm)

Yea. Your elbow can be as bent as you like, as long as you don't straighten it past a certain limit.

Bowling underarm is illegal. That's really the thing he's closest to doing.

In fairness Malinga has been injured all the time and has hardly bowled other than in the IPL and a few odd games for a couple of years. Also, while his action is legal by the rules, I wouldn't say his elbow is perfectly straight.

He's closer to bowling underarm than he is to bending his elbow, if you people could read I said CLOSER! Not CLOSE. He certainly doesn't bowl overarm. It's sideways. If the ICC were to disallow him they'd have to rule on the angel the ball is delivered from.

It is over-arm. His arm doesn't go below the horizontal, or anywhere near to horizontal. He's slingy, but come on, he's not bowling with his arm down by his side. It certainly appears slingier on TV, but he doesn't actually bowl from that low a trajectory, just lower than we're used to seeing; think these pictures prove that. Pic

lasithmalinga_narrowweb__300x444,0.jpg
Lasith-Malinga-Bowling-Action-Curve-040409.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread