Marc Nicholas sacked from Channel 9?

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Can't remember where I read it, could've been the latest Wisden Cricketer, but the rumours are (IF nothing changes with the Sky TV deal) that he'll present the highlights on Channel 5 with Sunset + Vine as the producers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ste said:
Yep its true. See the story on Cricinfo - http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/story/222488.html

I think Nine got a new boss or programming or sport or something and he didnt like Nicholas so got rid of a commentator rotation they used to have and are just having fixed commentators so no room for Nicholas.

I don't know if they have a new person or something but they defintiely scraped the rotation policy.

Looks like Nicholas won't be the face of the Nine Commentary team after all.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
That's unfortunate, but the only reason they keep the old gang of Richie, Bill, Ian and Tony is because they have contracts. They'd do it, mind you, they capped their top rating Saturday night variety show because it was "dated".

I noticed Warnie also got the arse, earlier this year, not that that really affects anything much, but it suggests Nine don't want to be a part of his post-playing career.

dazza76

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It must be thrilling for all Aussie fans to know that you don't have to listen to the smarmiest cricket commentator in history anymore.

jonah

International Coach
dazza76 said:
It must be thrilling for all Aussie fans to know that you don't have to listen to the smarmiest cricket commentator in history anymore.
Totally agree with you there dazza.I bet he looks in the mirror every morning and says "How you doin?" while blowing himself a little kiss ;)

themuel1

International Coach
I liked Nicholas as a commentator. Hope he presents the highlights on five!

dazza76

Club Cricketer
I don't know if Michael Slater is employed by channel 9 but if not he should be.
I really enjoyed listening to him throughout the summer. Balanced, humorous and knowledgable.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Slats and Boof work for the Sky Sports team. Mark Waugh was a good one in the Ch 9 box, but since then he seems to be presenting the Sky broadcast.

If there's two guys I want to hear commentate they are Adam Gilchrist and Glenn McGrath.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
jonah said:
Totally agree with you there dazza.I bet he looks in the mirror every morning and says "How you doin?" while blowing himself a little kiss ;)

Have to agree Mike- smarmy is the word I would use also. Could never take to him.

Users who are viewing this thread