Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Wealey

ICC Board Member
South Africa Tour of England 1st ODI

South Africa's reply got off to the worst possibly start with the talented hard hitting South African wicket keeper missed a straight one in the 2nd over to be sent packing by Nigel Llong for a duck. And the visitors once again found themselves in trouble when the Mighty Hash top edged a short Steve Finn cannon to Rashid at short fine leg. De Villiers came out firing smashing 4 boundaries in his first 10 balls while Du Plessis played the anchor role. FAF edged a short one through to the keeper before AB was out LBW missing an inswinging yorker to leave the men in green in serious trouble at 86/4.

Although being well ahead of the Required Run Rate, they would need something special from an out of form middle order to rescue them from the jaws of defeat. And for a while JP Duminy and David Miller seemed to be just doing that with a solid 40 odd stand before Duminy missed a straight one and Miller edged one through to Buttler. Despite numerous starts throughout the match, no batsmen ever seemed 100% in at any stage and this proved true again with both set batsmen falling on 39. SA were truly reeling at 173/6 with no real recognised batsmen to come, but up step Chris Morris and Wayne Parnell with a blitz of there own scoring a brisk 64 run partnership off just 53 balls with Parnell being the primary destroyer scoring 43 of them off just 29.

Just as it seemed it was all done and dusted Eoin Morgan made one final gamble, tossing the ball to Moeen Ali and boy how it worked, getting the big scalp of Parnell first ball and concedingonly 2 runs in the over. Was this going to be the spark England needed? Pressure was mounting once again on the visitors and after Ali's second over was a maiden Morris got frustrated throwing his wicket away for a splendid 46, chasing a wide one with SA needing only 21 to win. Rabada and Morkel would have to see off a dangerous Finn and Ali spell to see SA through and despite a few close calls and a very close appeal for a stumping, the 2 kept their heads seeing SA through.

View attachment 190245

View attachment 190246

View attachment 190247

View attachment 190248View attachment 190249

What a game that turned out to be, twists and turns and heart wrenching moments throughout. SA scraping through on an extremely difficult pitch, winning by 2 wickets.

Imran Tahir was named man of the match for his incredible bowling performance of 4/41 in the middle overs, stifling England in their innings at every turn, no pun intended.

Love that, I need to remind myself to see how highly skilled Tahir is. Even facing him he was top wicket taker in my ODI and T20 series. He's a nightmare to get away. Took 6 in the last T20!!

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Love that, I need to remind myself to see how highly skilled Tahir is. Even facing him he was top wicket taker in my ODI and T20 series. He's a nightmare to get away. Took 6 in the last T20!!
He is only 80 in my team.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I know but if you look at the England T20 bowlers they are far far lower! I think
Yeah noticed that, he is the number one t20 bowler and number two odi bowler in the world you know. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1496306226][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know but if you look at the England T20 bowlers they are far far lower! I think
Oh and I thought you would like to know that for the second time this year, school is cancelled due to water issues.

D

Dutch

Yeah noticed that, he is the number one t20 bowler and number two odi bowler in the world you know. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1496306226][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh and I thought you would like to know that for the second time this year, school is cancelled due to water issues.
Ha ha! You sure know how to use a monkey wrench when you need a day off!!

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Had a great T20 against SL in T20 world cup. I was South Africa, batted first on soft pitch with heavy cracks. I got to 178, which I thought I could easily defend, and I was doing a fine job of it too, they were going at about 7 an over for 80% of the match. I dropped 2 crucial chances as they got a good partnership going after I took to quick wickets (got the dangerous Dikwella out in the 40's). They needed 17 off the final over - they managed to hit the last ball for 6 to tie and then the crushed me in the super over! (I couldnt slog over the top at all). Anyway I think this games has got T20 perfect. I play on Pro with a custom batting difficulty built upon medium - I just ramp up shot force to 90 to make hitting over the top slightly easier - am getting some great matches with this setting. i bowl on hard.

D

Deleted member 185125

Could you share screenshot of the batting custom settings?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I will try post it later. Basically its the medium batting slider values with just the shot force upped to 90. Everything else as is. I just use this for T20 to up the scoring when the fields are out and I get realistic scores. I still struggle against good bowling but can easily outplay lesser teams.. seems like a good balance now - before i would struggle to up the scoring after the powerplay as couldnt hit over the top well enough

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Trying out my own champions trophy as SA I just had an awesome time bowling to India in the final. Grassy, hard, pristine pitch bathed in sunshine. Made regular early breakthroughs with the new ball and had them reeling on 99/5. Here I thought it was gonna be another low easily chasible total. Boy, I was wrong. Dhoni and Hardik batted sensibly until the 40th over where they unleashed the wrath of the gods on me. From 173/5 after 40, India eventually posted 272/8 scoring 99 in the final 10. Dhoni scored an unbeaten 122 with Hardik scoring 61 off 65 in a tremendous 134 run partnership.

The chase is gonna be fun... or not.

@WealeyH you still there?

D

Deleted member 185125

Trying out my own champions trophy as SA I just had an awesome time bowling to India in the final. Grassy, hard, pristine pitch bathed in sunshine. Made regular early breakthroughs with the new ball and had them reeling on 99/5. Here I thought it was gonna be another low easily chasible total. Boy, I was wrong. Dhoni and Hardik batted sensibly until the 40th over where they unleashed the wrath of the gods on me. From 173/5 after 40, India eventually posted 272/8 scoring 99 in the final 10. Dhoni scored an unbeaten 122 with Hardik scoring 61 off 65 in a tremendous 134 run partnership.

The chase is gonna be fun... or not.

@WealeyH you still there?

Can u let me know the difficulty settings?

Users who are viewing this thread