Michael Hussey Breaks One Day Batting Record!

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know there's a higher score already but 19 runs short is quite an achievement. It's a shame I can't take credit for it as it was my younger brother who achieved this.

2d9sl0k.png

P

pcfan123

I cant even score a century off anything less than 150 balls how the heck do you do this!

P

pcfan123

Remember that it is the worlds best team on the game against the netherlands.

Hey just need a bit of advice from a kiwi who plays ICC.

I started a NZ international campaign and its currently right after the 2011 world cup. We are ranked 7th in Tests and 8th in ODIs :doh

Only Oram, Flynn and Franklin have batted over 45 in the last 2 years with only 7 centuries between them. Out of all my bowlers only Vettori averages less than 35 over the last 2 years!

Who are some of the better players for NZ on ICC09?

I have tried K Williamson, Kitchen, Brodie, McKay all have failed. I hate giving debuts to people I dont use in the long run. GRrrrrrrrrrr

Bowling is the worst, everyone has failed for me, especially Bond. I currently use Diamanti as first change as he is economincal, any picks for bowlers? I am on ICC09 and I only care about Test performances btw.

age of the fall

International Cricketer

I started a NZ international campaign and its currently right after the 2011 world cup. We are ranked 7th in Tests and 8th in ODIs :doh

Only Oram, Flynn and Franklin have batted over 45 in the last 2 years with only 7 centuries between them. Out of all my bowlers only Vettori averages less than 35 over the last 2 years!

I have tried K Williamson, Kitchen, Brodie, McKay all have failed. I hate giving debuts to people I dont use in the long run. GRrrrrrrrrrr

Bowling is the worst, everyone has failed for me, especially Bond. I currently use Diamanti as first change as he is economincal, any picks for bowlers? I am on ICC09 and I only care about Test performances btw.

Greg Hay, Derek de Booder, Iain Robertson and Jesse Ryder are all class after you give them time. Hay and Ryder and currently averaging over 50 in test cricket.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer

2011 aye. Has Joseph Yovich retired yet? If not then I recommed him as a bowler. He will take a series and a half to step up to international level. I recommend using him as a bowler despite him being an all rounder. He'd reasonabley well for me before I lost my NZ save the other day. Bwoling Average of 29 in ODI's after 21 matches and 44 in Test's after 11 matches (Not ideal I know.) Also averages 9 with the bat in One Day's (Partly because I bat him at 9 or 10) but 17 in Tests with a few 50's to his name.

Also Batting wise Have you tried Greg Todd or Luke Woodcock. Luke Woodcock I use mainly in tests. He had an average of 27 in tests after 7 matches with 3 50's. Greg Todd was better though with and average of 33 in tests and an average of 30 in One Day's which included 2 centuries. Not ideal but they were both beggining to get better.

D'you have McCullum as your keeper? If not I strongly reccomend Tim Weston. He did better for me than McCullum or anybody else.

Oh and like Age of The Fall said Iain Robertson is also develops into a quality spinner if you give him time.

P

pcfan123

thanks guys will try this out and hopefully save NZ from dropping below Bang in the ODI ranks!

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
thanks guys will try this out and hopefully save NZ from dropping below Bang in the ODI ranks!

Also if you're sturggling with openers Shannon Stewart is a decent batsmen to turn to. Played 6 tests with an average of 31 and an average of 34 after 4 one days. He probably would've gotten better over time.

P

pcfan123

quick update,
it was a new year after the 2011 world cup, and first series was a tour to PAK, so I threw Hay, De Booder and Ryder into the deep end, 2 on debut, Ryder having not played since 2009.

All 3 made 50s! This got me really excited about this game, I think I will start one of those stories things just so I can keep track.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
quick update,
it was a new year after the 2011 world cup, and first series was a tour to PAK, so I threw Hay, De Booder and Ryder into the deep end, 2 on debut, Ryder having not played since 2009.

All 3 made 50s! This got me really excited about this game, I think I will start one of those stories things just so I can keep track.

Great to hear but don't be disapointed if they get a few low scores as well. Greg Hay did well for me before I lost all of my nz saves but I never got round to trying DeBoorder.

kunal25184

Club Cricketer
hi TheGreatSim

Just missed, but again this is also quite an achievement

Attachments

• J Meyer.JPG
    J Meyer.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 106

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
On ya Huss! It would be nice if he could do this in real life!

Users who are viewing this thread