Misra unveils new Supersoakers owner

The Spin, Melbourne Bitters LS bowler and Manchester Monkeys SLA bowling alrounder, has expressed an interest in investing his vCash, but claims that the Supersoakers share options are not worthwhile.

"Yes, if you invest the ful 400000 you can make 20000 back for every game won, but it would still take 20 victories, meaning well over a season, to make back your capital. Not only that, but to sell the shares you must return any earnings! This is not a venture which sounds profitable to me."

Consumer interest has taken a knock based on this condemning release. Will the shares sell? Of course they will! Just not to me!

It's quite disturbing to see how quickly the naked greed of the PCPL has spread to the domestic game!

I still hold out hope that the current team owners will find a way to make sure our team is passed to new owners who actually care about the future of the SuperSoakers.

Misra responds to comments

Speaking from his residence, Misra responded to some of the comments made by potential investors in the Supersoakers franchise.

On allegations that the business was not profitable, Misra had this to say:

"The investment of 400,000 is more an investment in the future of our franchise, and what we hope will be a sister franchise in the PCPL. The return on investment at the moment is not very lucrative, but that is because the business is just starting off and we would be squashing the future capital of the investors by making large payouts early.

"It is easy to forget that this offer is actually being created to provide a distributed ownership system for the Supersoakers. It is expected that investors, while looking for a return on their investment, are also looking out for the good of the club.

"A little bit of patience will be required so that investors don't cripple the club financially immediately after investing."

Misra also added that he is thinking about modifying the liquidation clause and penalty of payouts.

"I may change that so you get your original investment back. The reason that clause is in is because I do not want short-term investors who are not looking out for the future of the club."

sohummisra added 4 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

--

A couple of changes. I agree that too much of a distributed ownership will not be good in the long-run.

I have 2-3 potential investors at the moment. I am going to increase maximum ownership to 25%. This means if 2 investors step forward, we can have a three-person management.

Remember, shares are not sold until Monday. If you are potentially interested but have issues/suggestions for the offer, please PM and we can probably work something out. ;)

?????????????????????????? What's happening???????????????????

I would like to purchase 500 shares of the Super Soakers.

500 x 200 = V$100,000, which I can easily make in 5 days via interest :)

So, reserve that please.

Last edited:
Misra does a U-turn
In a move likely to cause annoyance for potential investors, Misra has done a complete U-turn on the investment package he was offering for the Supersoakers. Misra's original proposal, which would have revolutionized franchise ownership in the PCCL had its supporters and detractors. The investment was supposed to become active earlier this week but there was no news from Misra's PR company. However, he finally broke the silence and said the deal is off.

"After much thought about the public offering of Supersoakers stock, I decided that it was not for the best of the team, and was actually for the best for my pocket. While that is usually quite a good yardstick to base my life around, I have decided to offer a more traditional ownership model."

Misra went on to say that he has almost reached agreement with a single investor, that will take over complete ownership of the franchise. The deal has been touted as being worth well over v$1m.

"I have almost finalized the details with a new owner. A few nitty-gritty details are still being worked out. Barring any major change of mind or fallout, this is the way it shall be."

Details of the new owner are yet to be revealed, but this column expects the announcement will be made fairly soon.

What's 'nitty gritty' about it? he gives you the cash and you give him the team ;)

Misra unveils new Supersoakers owner
Sohum Misra, current owner and founder of the Supersoakers franchise in the PCCS today announced the new owner of the team.

"I am happy to announce that Griffo will take over operations from me as I attempt to enter the PCPL market using the garnered funds."

The bid for the Soakers was announced to be v$ 1.5m, which many industry analysts claim is an undervalued amount. Recent bidding in the upcoming PCPL franchise, "Beijing Bulldogs", suggests that Misra could probably have go funds in excess of v$ 2m to 2.5m if he had looked for other potential investors.

"It is true that I am somewhat disappointed with the final amount of investment. However, the sudden announcement of the Bulldogs franchise bidding meant I had to strike a deal with the best offer. I was hoping that bidding for the two new PCPL franchises would occur slightly later down the line, but unfortunately other potential investors thought otherwise."

Griffo will take over operations immediately. Misra has said that a part of the deal he has struck with the new owner is that he permit any current member of the Soakers who wishes to retain their position in the team to do so.

"I do not expect wholesale changes and player transactions. But I thought providing a bit of insurance for the current crop wouldn't be bad."

Misra also said he will turn to the PCCS administrators to enforce this decision if the buying party did not, in the future, comply.

Doubt that'll be enough to buy a new team, just co-own SS. :p
I'm the current high-bidder for Beijing and I'm hoping one of those obscenely rich blokes don't step in and take it from me. :p

If I collaborate with others, I can currently go up to 4.3m. No where near the likes of some of the other PCPL owners, but a start. :)

But if it doesn't work out I'll be happy to look at the Stallions. Maybe I can get an insider discount. ;)

Sohum we are currently the highest bidders, we can instead work together and be partners and be the richest club.

Users who are viewing this thread