Story Mission Possible: Tim Nielsen Coaches Australia (ICC06:AE)

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BREAKING NEWS!​

Australia has sacked Coach John Buchanan earlier than expected after a massive fall-out with selectors, Allan Border and David 'Booney' Boon.
This has come as a massive shock to the #1 ranked team in both forms of the game with Ricky Ponting releasing a statement saying:

"The team is shocked at this decision as John (Buchanan) has been a terrific coach, but at the same time we are sure Tim Nielsen can lead us to victory against England in the ashes and in the World Cup."

Tim Nielsen was the man designated to coach Australia after Buchanans retirement after the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies.

More to follow soon

Gud luck with this Tobie :)

HERALD SUN

THE Australian cricket has picked a strong team in the lead-up to the 1st Ashes Test in Brisbane.

Australia have a few surprises not picking veteran Damien Martyn in the 12 man squad but Victorian Brad Hodge and South Australian slinger Shaun Tait have, Hodge will be hoping for a spot in the XI, and pull off an innings like in his last test Vs South Africa where he made a double century.

The side is as follows: Matt Hayden Justin Langer Ricky Ponting c Brad Hodge Adam Gilchrist wk Shane Warne Brett Lee Stuart Clark Glenn McGrath Shaun Tait Nathan Bracken.

The GABBA is Aussie territory, winning most matches and will look to start their Ashes campaign off with another.

Both sides have named there squad half an hour before play is starting.
Code:
AUSTRALIA                           ENGLAND
Langer                                 Strauss
Hayden                                 Cook   
Ponting [I]c[/I]                              Pietersen   
Hodge                                  Bell
Hussey                                 Trescothick
Gilchrist [I]wk[/I]                           Flintoff [I]c[/I]
Warne                                  Read [I]wk[/I]
Lee                                    Mahmood
Bracken                                Anderson
Clark                                  Harmison 
Tait                                   Hoggard
Australia has left out Glenn McGrath because of form and England go into the game without a full time spinner.

Conditions:
Even Bounce Slow Outfield Pitch in good condition, weather mostly fine for all 5 days.

TOSS
Australia has lost the toss and England has chosen to bat first at the GABBA.

Note I will be doing updates at the end of each day for tests/3 day matches and innings updates for ODI/OD/20/20's

Last edited:
SESSION 1
Tait and Lee opened the bowling for Australia, in the 2nd over Cook edged to a ripper of a ball from Lee to the gloves of Gilchrist making it 1/0, Pietersen and Strauss then knuckled down and took the score to 42 before Pietersen departed, Bell then joined up and built a solid partnership before Bell left Strauss, once again stranded in the middle making it 3/89, Strauss and Trescothick took England through to Lunch finishing at 3/100 in a very even session.
SESSION 2​

The session started off well for England Strauss and Trescothick belting the bowlers, it took Shane Warne to remove Andrew Strauss for 78, Injury Struck Nathan Bracken during the session forcing him from the field. England dominated a session in which they made 1/110.
SESSION 3​
England once again dominated making 1/116 to finish at 5/326, Australias bowlers couldn't take wickets but managed to remove Marcus Trescothick for 90, Freddy Flintoff is still there on 90no, Australia's bowlers will need to improve greatly.

England 5/326
Trescothick 90 Lee 2-75
Flintoff 90* Bracken 1-41

59763.jpg

Alastair Cook is bowled for 0 by Brett Lee​

Session 3 was a dominating one.. and good to see Flintoff having runs under his belt now.. :) Nice & Neat pres Tobie!

thanks suren, trying to get back in the groove of story making ;) (and taking wickets lol) hopefully tomorrow when i am not so tired i will get some different colours and fonts in and have it perfected by the CB series :)

oh god not another tibes story :p nah it'll be good but only if Pinchi gets a mention tbh

ALSO SUREN!!!!!!!! on now please i now your very busy but im lonely :p

Great start Tobes, nice presentation too :clap all the best with ur story mate :thumbs

Note: Im now doing sessions
Session 1 Day 2

England 7/410
Flintoff 93 Warne 2/57
Tres'ick 90 Lee 2/84

Australia started the day off well with Shaun Tait getting Flintoff out 7 runs off a century, but wickets dried up after that with Chris Reed and Sajid Mahmodd teaming up, but Ricky Ponting's decision to bring Shane Warne back was a good one instantely removing Mahmood for a well played 29, after a lack of concentration forced him to play at a wide ball edging it to Gilchrist, Read and James Anderson played out the session to reach the 400 mark

sp_tait_2708_wideweb__430x361.jpg

Shaun Tait celebrates the wicket of Andrew Flintoff

Users who are viewing this thread