Moments of the Year?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another fantastic year of excellent, competetive cricket is now drawing to a close, but what I want to know is, what has been the highlight of 2006 for you?

Mine would have to be our win in Mumbai, any one of Bell's three centuries against Pakistan in the summer, and of course, the birth of Monty.

The win in Mumbai showed England's true lion-hearted spirit as we proved that even though half our squad was injured, we could overcome adversity and prove how good a team we are.

Bell's 3 hundreds showed that he is a class and elegant player and he is possibly one of England's players of the year.

I think the Monty one is pretty self-explanatory really.

Last edited:
Australia setting the world record... and South Africa breaking it all of about 3 hours later :p

Actually being far more a test fan, I would say the moment Monty got his first wicket, Sachin, and started jumping around like any self-respecting chap might do had they just trapped one of the premier batsman of his generation.

That Inzamam wicket was class; That's what happens when you spend the whole winter murdering England. :p

One for aussies would probably be Jason Gillespie getting his 200 in Bangladesh.

But as an Englishman, I would say KP's reverse sweep for six. It came in a fantastic innings, and just incredible that someone could reverse sweep Murali for six. I was on holiday while the Headingley test match was on, so that might be why I didn't vote for the Inzi hit wicket. I have seen it since though and its hilarious.

If highlights can be negative as well then another highlight of the year is the Oval fiasco, and the strange things that went on there on that day.

lol...yeah that was funny...hmmm...let me think now...ahh...Yousuf beating the record for most runs in a calendar year...you can take this is my reply for tommorow...lol...

Monty at Headingley, KPs reverse sweep for 6, Harmison at OT, Bells sublime hundreds, Cook. Plenty of good for England so far....

I'd also like to add Monty's swashbuckling 20+ at Trent Bridge against Sri Lanka. :)

And Sureshot, any chance of your old Jonesy avatar returning? ;)

Good thread.

Inzy's hit wicket.
Bangladesh nearly beating Australia.
Dizzy's 200.
SA getting 438 to win against Aus.

SA knocking over Australia's 438 to win
Bangladesh dominating Aus. over 3 days but failed to win
The emergence of Monty Panesar
Gillespie's 200 v Bangladesh
Jerome Taylor's hat trick at the Champion's trophy
Ponting and Yousuff stellar runs with the bat this year.

The Diz's 200 and Brad Hodge being dropped. My highlights.

Users who are viewing this thread