Most satisfying wicket

Ever taken a wicket on a full toss? I did. KP was smackin me all around the park. I was PAK. He had scored around 80 within 15 overs. The target was 250 somthin. I was Razzaq and I bowled 1 short ball outside off stump, he played a cut and missed. The meter was full. I than bowled a yorker, actually just short of a yorker and he wacked me for a 4. The meter was still full. So i bowled a slow ball. It was a full toss with no speed on it. He tried a pull and the ball went in the air and he was caught by the keeper. The slow ball was above waist hieght!! It was not intentional ofcource. The umpire didnot call a no-ball aswell!

jonah said:
Lol, some nice sounding wickets there :) .

Harmy, what patch you using, as like Scobie I can't bowl the cpu in Tests for love nor money.

Tutsi V1.2

My most satisfying wicket was in a tour match in England. Was playin with india and I was trying everything, but nothing stuck. Then I started to learn wat the "Special" deliveries do and started trying new things everytime I got the special delivery.

Finally I had a plan with Pathan. After bowling a few good length once which were very close to the stumps, and also a few short ones I bowled a bouncer which didnt go as high.

Worked perfectly!! The right hander went for a pull and got a top edge!! Just what I wanted!! I jumped out of my chair. was so thrilled at the wicket.

my bolwer was shane warne .bats man was inzamam the bowl pitched out side the leg stump angling in and put the bails off. the bats man was tried to sweep but missses . i was stunned

Most satisfying wicket has to be Gilchrist in a test me playing as england was bowling with steve harmison bowled varied delieverys and then offered him a outswinger which he egded through to jones it was made more special by australia needing a about 10-20 runs to win and he was the last to go which was great

Great wickets guys! Taking wickets in C2k5 is so much better than taking them in BLIC!

The most satisfying wicket I've taken is my very first wicket in the game!(I only got it today )

Trescothick was smashing my bowlers all over the park.So I decided to bowl around the wicket with Warne.I didn't have a plan or anything as such, I just had to try something to stop him! And it worked that very over, with me using a zooter!It was a peach of a delivery by Warne, pitching just outside off stump. Trescothick went in for a Forward Defensive shot, but little did he realise that that ball was a zooter, so it didn't turn as much as he expected it to! He ended up playing the wrong line and he edged it to Silly Point. That looked so realistic, and it was soooo satisfying. ;)

I ended up losing that match though :p

Last edited:
best wicket i've had was in an exhibition test match england vs india (me). England won the toss on a normal pitch at lord's and decided to bat. Trescothick was murdering my opening bowlers all over the park and he raced to his 50 in 66 balls. That's when i decided to bring myself (a fast-bowling all-rounder) into the action. I decided to bowl just short of a length on his middle and leg stump to hopefully get him to mistime an aggressive shot for an easy catch. It wasn't working too well, but thanks to a decent field, I didn't get hit out of the attack. Finally, I dropped one in with slightly less pace, Trescothick tried to pull and bottom edged right onto his leg stump. Then, I brought in Harbhajan Singh and he took 7 wickets for 8 runs and I decided to quit.

Cool i have never seen an inside edge for me on cricket 2005 for me or the computer :(

Warwickshire said:
Cool i have never seen an inside edge for me on cricket 2005 for me or the computer :(
Yeah, I've had a few, especially off the cover drives.

On a similar note, I had my most unluckiest dismissal over the weekend. The match situation was as follows:
2nd Test, Edgbaston, Aus (cpu) bats first and declares just after lunch on day 2 at 468/7. By the afternoon session on day 3 (rain washed out the majority of the rest of day 2), England (me) are cruising at 200/3, Strauss in the 90's and Pietersen in the 30's, both settled.
Then Ponting brings back McGrath; BANG - Pietersen edges to slip 200/4, Freddie comes in and sneaks a single. BANG - Strauss edges to Gilchrist 201/5. Collingwood comes out. BANG - in trying to leave a short one first ball, he shoulders arms only for the ball to hit his gloves and ricochet down onto his stumps :eek: . 201/6. 3 in the over for McGrath, England ended up 237 all out and are now following on at 63/1 at the start of day 4. Great stuff :cool: .

I was playing with New Zealand and Lou Vincent was not out on 85 from 200 balls(it was a test match) and I brought on Harbhajan Singh. I kept bowling quicker offies at Lou. I finally got the doosra option. Pitched the ball on the middle-off region and gave maximum spin with incredibly slow pace. Lou came dancing down the wicket, missed it and Mahendra Dhoni had his breakfast, lunch and dinner and then hit the stumps. Lou not out. I know ur supposed to post only wickets but this was so close to being one. I removed Lou later for 94 by bowling an outswinger with Zaheer Khan which was edged to the slips.

jonah said:
Yeah, I've had a few, especially off the cover drives.

On a similar note, I had my most unluckiest dismissal over the weekend. The match situation was as follows:
2nd Test, Edgbaston, Aus (cpu) bats first and declares just after lunch on day 2 at 468/7. By the afternoon session on day 3 (rain washed out the majority of the rest of day 2), England (me) are cruising at 200/3, Strauss in the 90's and Pietersen in the 30's, both settled.
Then Ponting brings back McGrath; BANG - Pietersen edges to slip 200/4, Freddie comes in and sneaks a single. BANG - Strauss edges to Gilchrist 201/5. Collingwood comes out. BANG - in trying to leave a short one first ball, he shoulders arms only for the ball to hit his gloves and ricochet down onto his stumps :eek: . 201/6. 3 in the over for McGrath, England ended up 237 all out and are now following on at 63/1 at the start of day 4. Great stuff :cool: .

Excellent stuff Jonah. But shouldn't you be at work? :rolleyes:

Anyway abit off topic but i am approaching my first drawn test match will post screenshots later.

The_gas said:
Excellent stuff Jonah. But shouldn't you be at work? :rolleyes:

Anyway abit off topic but i am approaching my first drawn test match will post screenshots later.
Still off after my back op mate, so making the most of it ;) :p . Looking forward to those screenies mate.

Blimey is this all i have to look forward to as i approach your age guys. :)

Users who are viewing this thread