Most satisfying wicket

The_gas said:
Blimey is this all i have to look forward to as i approach your age guys. :)
Yep its all downhill from now on gas mate. Am expecting delivery of some new incontinence pants soon.

Damn... too late! :crying

I have two that gave me a particularly nice feeling.

The first one pleased me because it showed me how much better 2005 is than 2004.

I was playing for lancashire against glamorgan and was trying to set a trap at square leg for the short ball. After getting a missed timed hook from a short Cork off cutter which flew passed square leg for four runs i decided to reinforce the area with a backward square leg. In came Cork again with another short ball which was promptly slapped away, along the ground between square leg and backward square leg. At that point square leg dived full length and fielded the ball without holding on to it, then, backward square leg backed up brilliantly and threw the ball over the stumps for the wicket keeper to do the rest. I was very impressed.

The second really made me laugh.

Bowling with Hoggard for england against Guateng, a slower, short, inswinger outside off stump cuts back into the batsmans grill as he tries to avoid and the ball drops onto his stumps. Fantastic fun.

Last edited:
Nice one mv's barmyarmy

FishBowlMan said:
Yep its all downhill from now on gas mate. Am expecting delivery of some new incontinence pants soon.

Damn... too late! :crying
Lol :D, I'm not at that stage...yet ;). Hope the back's better soon Fish.
And Matt, be careful mate, I first done my back when I was about your age, (guessing you' re early 20's), so don't take the p**s too much ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread