Mouse v Trackball

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been doing some reading on using the mouse in your left hand instead of your right, to reduce wrist discomfort in your right hand. I'm currently trying it out, but it's hard to adjust. Also, I have to keep moving mouse from right (for gaming) to left (for surfing). So, I'm thinking about getting a trackball for my left hand, at least that way, my right hand gets a rest when surfing.

So, what do you guys think? Any links to good trackballs would be nice as well.

Sureshot

Executive member
I don't know if they do trackballs for cack-handers. I use on my laptop. Takes a while to adjust. But if you get a trackball you don't need to worry about painful wrists. Quite good exercise for your right thumb (beneficial!), but no discomfort.

I like my trackball. Don't need to faff about with cleaning the underside of the mouse, either.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I'm left handed and can use a mouse with either the left or the right hand equally although I favour the right. I have used trackballs in the past and I found that while they were ok for short use, after prolonged use I found them a lot less comfortable than a mouse. Hence my trackball is up in the loft somewhere and the good old mouse (optical - no cleaning Sureshot!) is well and truly back in favour and has been for quite some time.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
There aren't too many mouses that are one hand only. Mainly the wireless ones. I think all of the ones by Razer and many of the Microsoft ones, like the Intellimouse, would be easy to flip.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm left handed and can use a mouse with either the left or the right hand equally although I favour the right. I have used trackballs in the past and I found that while they were ok for short use, after prolonged use I found them a lot less comfortable than a mouse. Hence my trackball is up in the loft somewhere and the good old mouse (optical - no cleaning Sureshot!) is well and truly back in favour and has been for quite some time.

I know, we have optical too. But we have to clean the bottom of the mouse, rather than the ball. I'm not that out of date, Kev ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What I'm thinking of is using the Trackball for surfing, with my left hand and my mouse for gaming, with my right hand. Can you have a trackball and mouse connected at the same time without any conflicts?

Have you any links to trackballs you'd recommend?

Sureshot

Executive member
I haven't tried having a trackball and mouse connected at the same time. I presume you could turn one of them off in the control panel, somewhere.

I've been impressed with my one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-TrackMan-Wheel-Mouse/dp/B000092QUR/ref=pd_sbs_ce_1

41f2xor79AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Hehe, I always thought those were just to make the mouse look good. Damn.

Sureshot

Executive member

Sureshot

Executive member
I'd test one in a shop if I were you. Then buy it on-line, or say, "i can get it for this price, can you match it?" Most will because they don't want to lose business.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Looks like an ornate codpiece
Blimey you must own some pretty boring codpieces of you think that's ornate. I'm sure Colin could post a few pictures from his collection if its ornate you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread