O-Edit Tutorial + Windies Faces v2

donjuay

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
O-edit is quite difficult at first but once you know your way around it is really quite simple.

1. Download from http://oedit.nd4spdworld.com/site/index.php?ms=oedit&ss=dl

2. Using BIGGUI, open the data_pc.gob. You should see 4 columns. Click on the header of the 4th column "Packed (uncompressed)" to sort the list. Scroll down until you find the value "Yes(330,128)". This file is 2065b809a844e9beb09df87ca06e58f1.big and is the first face in the list. Click on this once and then scroll down for a while until you reach value "Yes(363,776), file f67c483b269c89c8a3ba7f5f86848267.big. Hold down SHIFT and click this file, which will select all the face files. Export them to a new folder.

3. There is a good tutorial on how to paint the textures. My method is similar. Find a good non-smiling face and open it in Photoshop. Somewhere there is a download for all the face template pictures in these forums. Download this so you have all the faces handy. Open the one which best suits the face you are doing in Photoshop. On this template I then paint the eyes, the tip of the nose and mouth in a bright red. Cut the face from the picture of the player you found, and paste it on the template. Resize to get the dimensions to roughly match the template. Set the Opacity to around 70% so that you can see the red painted marks. Now you will have to try to align the eyes nose and mouth to that of the template. Often I align the Eyes and Nose section, then I cut off the mouth and chin section as a new layer and lign it seperately. After this clean up and smooth out the imafe with the Blur tool and the eraser. You will then need to adjust the colour setting of the picture to match the template. Best is IMAGE --> Adjustments --> Curves or Hue/Saturation. Once happy save as BMP, and using FSHED open and save the face.fsh.

4. Now for the time consuming part. Go to the folder where you extracted the face BIG files. Open one using BIGGUI and extract the hhead.o to the desktop. Double click on this file to open in O-edit. You will basically see 4 windows.

5. In the top right hand corner you will see 4 to 5 tick boxes under "PARTS". Make sure each one is ticked. Click on the window in the bottom right corner ("PERSPECTIVE"). Hit CONTROL-F to go to full screen. You will see the back of a head at the top of the screen. OK now for the navigation. To move the model around the screen hold down CONTROL and use the LEFT mouse button to drag it around. Drag it to the centre of the screen. Then with the LEFT mouse button pressed ONLY move side to side and up and down to get the face looking straight at you. Once this is done, hold the RIGHT mouse button and pull mouse towards you to Zoom in. Centre once again and you are ready.

6. Hit CONTROL-R to bring up the manage textures screen. CLick LOAD and select the BMP face you just painted. Click Ok and the model should have the texture wrapped around it. Now there are around 268 faces in the folder you extracted, so you will have to use trial and error to find a model that best matches the player you are doing. So repeat this process for each of the BIG files. Once you find a reasonably close match, then you can fine tune the model.

7. Hit CONTROL-F to go back to the 4 windows. Click on window in top left "FRONT". Hit CONTROL-F again to go full screen. Again use CONTROL and LEFT Mouse button to centre the model. Now to zoom in hit hold down CONTROL and W. Zoom and centre as necessary until you can see all the blue dots clearly.

8. Now this part is tricky. Each of the 4 or 5 parts we have ticked in the top right corner contain different parts of the face. Keeping them ticked at all times click on each one to display the different areas of the face. You will see on the right hand side of the screen under "ACTION", 6 buttons. CLick on "C n M". Then in the model you can move the cursor over a blue dot and when it turns red you can move it around. You can pretty much change all aspects of the face but I would recommend at first maybe changing the ear shape or the head shape at the top. Please check all of the parts to make sure you have not missed any blue dots that might relate to the area you are editing. After making changes, ALWAYS then check you 3D painted model to make sure it looks OK. Trial and error is the key here. YOu can also edit the Side profile and Top Profile which are the Top right window and Bottom left window respectively. Once happy save the model and import it back into the BIG.

9. With my Windies faces it was quite tricky to get each player to use their respective face without having the problem players using the same face. However there is a way to do it albeit time comsuming. Using a HEXEDITOR and opening a roster file you basically copy and paste one player over another. The face used is determined by the place in the list. The trick is to try and find as many different faces used within a squad. Find out which BIG file they use. Create your faces and import the texture and model into a BIG and name that big to match one of these faces. Then in HEX copy the player over the one you want to use that face for.

Well hope this is of help.

Attachments

• 1.zip
    989.1 KB · Views: 628
  • 2.zip
    993.6 KB · Views: 429
Last edited by a moderator:

ndn_enigma

Club Cricketer
Great job bro... I didn't expect you to take my request for a tutorial seriously... good to know that you care about the people on PC.

langerrox

International Coach
No... i don't think so what would that achieve? you just use the kit .fshes

D

Deleted member 11215

Yer Great Tutorial ill have a go soon. Reps to You!!

khan31

International Coach
So for your West Indies patch we have to do all that. Immangi's patches are easy to install.

Download >>> Extract to Root Directory >>> Play and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread