What Are You Most Looking Forward To With Cricket 19

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’m looking forward to doing my usual, creating ODI and Test leagues including countries like PNG, Canada and whichever outlandish nations somebody’s been kind enough to create. Playing as England and selecting randoms such as Harry Brook, Will Jacks and Matt Milnes. I really enjoy chasing in ODIs on the right skill level (Challenging but with a chance). I love the possibilities in Tests too. Oh to recreate something similar to Adam Lyth’s ODI hundred when chasing 325 against Nepal or Thailand chasing over 400 to win a Test before Garry Ballance held the catch to claim a 10-run win!

Loving the positivity of this thread!

I also might (And I know this is really weird!) create both my daughters, slot them in the England Women’s team and play some leagues as England Women with my little left-arm spinner and right hand all-rounder. They’re 2 1/2 and 3 months old!!!!!

Last edited:

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm most looking forward to the trailer. The game, I can give or take...but as long as there's a trailer, I'm golden.

In all serious, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've done with career mode. It has always been my favorite mode despite the many flaws that it has. It hasn't really progressed significantly since DBC14 (and some changes, I think, were a backward step) and I'm hoping there's some real innovation this time round. Even if there isn't, that's where I know I'll spend most of my time.

D

Dutch

I'm most looking forward to the trailer. The game, I can give or take...but as long as there's a trailer, I'm golden.

In all serious, though, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they've done with career mode. It has always been my favorite mode despite the many flaws that it has. It hasn't really progressed significantly since DBC14 (and some changes, I think, were a backward step) and I'm hoping there's some real innovation this time round. Even if there isn't, that's where I know I'll spend most of my time.
You just managed to scrape through there :p

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I also might (And I know this is really weird!) create both my daughters, slot them in the England Women’s team and play some leagues as England Women with my little left-arm spinner and right hand all-rounder. They’re 2 1/2 and 3 months old!!!!!

I was (and am) really delighted when BA included women's cricket in the game and really hoped that I could use it to encourage my daughters (ages 11, 13 and 16...or thereabouts...they keep having birthdays, so I find it difficult to keep up on the details) to take an interest. So far, nothing. They still seem resistant to cricket as a whole. If Cricket 19 is a big step up...I'm going to give it another go.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Ha ha that's great!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am just looking forward to see if they made any changes to the career mode, I spend probably 90% of the game playing career mode.
Also looking forward to cricket academy as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

timma

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I am personally looking forward to leading NZ :nz: to glory in the ODI Championship Mode - hey, dreams are free! :yes

The 'rich career mode' sounds quite promising with, what I would imagine, could be real world brand sponsorships e.g. bats, shoes & gloves. Although Pads I see from the screenshot, are still generic/unbranded like previous games.

- Lead your nation to world glory

Tackle the ultimate challenge on one-day cricket, with a full ten-team ODI championship mode allowing the best teams in the world to duke it out.

- Rich career mode
Take control of a junior player just entering club cricket and develop them into one of the greatest players in the sport - perhaps even captaining their country. Develop the player however you like, and perform well, so the news headlines sing your praises, enabling you to earn lucrative sponsorship deals and catch the notice of selectors!

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Oh.....the usual thing that I always want to do in cricket games since they first came out.
That is putting myself in an England Test squad. As a wily off spinner who can 'bat a bit'. My fave era being mid to late 1970s.
Yeah....batting in the middle order with Knotty.....facing messrs Roberts, Holding, Croft and Garner at recreated Queens Park Oval in Trinidad and Tobago.

Me and Knotty not only bat out for a draw....but do it without batting helmets!!!

Then maybe a couple of brandy sours to celebrate/see out the glorious day.

Either that or a Yorks v Lancs 50 over game at rain affected Headingly!!!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh.....the usual thing that I always want to do in cricket games since they first came out.
That is putting myself in an England Test squad. As a wily off spinner who can 'bat a bit'. My fave era being mid to late 1970s.
Yeah....batting in the middle order with Knotty.....facing messrs Roberts, Holding, Croft and Garner at recreated Queens Park Oval in Trinidad and Tobago.

Me and Knotty not only bat out for a draw....but do it without batting helmets!!!

Then maybe a couple of brandy sours to celebrate/see out the glorious day.

Either that or a Yorks v Lancs 50 over game at rain affected Headingly!!!
Sounds juicy, I hope to see a thread by you on this scenario, would be amazing to be able to see videos of it as well.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Sounds juicy, I hope to see a thread by you on this scenario, would be amazing to be able to see videos of it as well.

I'm hoping to be getting some serious hours in playing the game when it's released. If it is the 28th then that's a Tuesday........Mrs Alderman has arranged to visit her mother from the Friday of that week for a WEEK. I just have to remember to take the occasional few hours from playing the game for things like food and sleep.:yes

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I’m looking forward to doing my usual, creating ODI and Test leagues including countries like PNG, Canada and whichever outlandish nations somebody’s been kind enough to create. Playing as England and selecting randoms such as Harry Brook, Will Jacks and Matt Milnes. I really enjoy chasing in ODIs on the right skill level (Challenging but with a chance). I love the possibilities in Tests too. Oh to recreate something similar to Adam Lyth’s ODI hundred when chasing 325 against Nepal or Thailand chasing over 400 to win a Test before Garry Ballance held the catch to claim a 10-run win!

Loving the positivity of this thread!

I look forward to seeing this and more moments like the Lyth miracle or the Ballancing act in test matches. I am looking to create multiple leagues with divisions, especially with some of the new T20I nations in the rankings which I am happy to create some selected nations for, as well as the usual career mode.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
As the new features mention about better fielder's I look forward to fielder's pushing the ball in the air stepping outside the boundary then stepping back in to hold on to a catch.

Users who are viewing this thread