Mp-866 dual usb joypad problem

K

kitty123bg

Experts, please help...

Apologies if this really belongs in a different category.

My existing 2-player controller - usb joypad works very well with Cricket 2002. Unfortunately, Cricket 2004 does not detect it. I checked with DxDiag and it reported that all is well with the controller. The controller, by the way is a two-player usb - 8 button joypad.

When I try to remap controllers, Cricket 2004 shows only one controller - keyboard. How do I enable the gamepad controller to work with Cricket 2004?

Thanks in advance,
Kittula Ghosh

T

tsam

Same problem here.. I'm using a USB Gamepad which works fine in other games.
Any1 able to get a USB Controller to work in Cricket 2004? :scratch:

K

kitty123bg

Problem solved!
I was able to fix this issue, thanks to "Google". The problem happens to be due to the VIA chipset on my motherboard. Apparently, the USB support in VIA chipsets is problematic. I swapped out the VIA PCI to USB controller with an equivalent NEC chipset based card and the system is able to recognize the game controller.

Some useful sites:
http://www.usbman.com
http://www.sudhian.com
http://www.giga-byte.com --> My mobo is a gigabyte GA-7VT600 running VIA KT600 chipset.

Hope this info is helpful to someone...

Kittula Ghosh

Z

zerOman

Hello,

It appears that Cricket 2004 is not detecting Logictech Wingman Rumblepads that work fine in other games for a few people in this forum. I am one of those, and changing the motherboard as suggested above is a bit drastic. I have an ASUS P4P800s.

Perhaps if I explain my scenario someone can help or we can work it out together. I?ve also sent an email to EA asking for help.

I have a new PC with a USB connected ASDL modem.
Internet, other games, etc all worked OK.
I installed Cricket 2004 and the rumplepad worked fine.

Since then I have:
1. I installed a USB connected Lexmark printer and it?s software.
2. I updated Windows XP Home Edition with the Automatic Updates ? there were many as I had a new PC.

I ran Cricket 2004 and the rumblepad wasn?t detected. You couldn?t change the controller to a gamepad as you could beforeas the arrows to click were no longer highlighted.

I tried the following without any success:
1. Uninstalling the game and installing it.
2. Uninstalling the rumblepad software and installing it.
3. Uninstalling the rumplepad software and installing an updated version.
4. Playing around with settings, etc.

No luck and my kid is devastated.

Most likely cause is the Windows XP Updates? Any ideas?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
First check in Control Panel -> Game Controllers to see if your joypad is there. You may have to calibrate it. (I'm not using XP at the moment, so I can't tell you exactly where to find these)

If that doesn't work try unplugging all other USB devices and trying your joypad on it's own. Try it in each USB port. If you get it working, plug back in the other USB deivces, checking Cricket 2004 after connecting each one.

If that doesn't work then the only option may be a hardware change. Changing the motherboard is a little drastic though. The easiest (and cheapest) option is to purchase a new joypad. There are many available for the PC, but I suggest getting one with several buttons (at least 6 or 8). For a more "traditional" gaming experience, you can now purchase adaptors so that you can use Playstation joypads on your PC. Of course it's up to you.

I wouldn't expect too much help from EA on this one. Their customer service department seems pretty useless.

Z

zerOman

Thanks andrew_nixon79

There didn't appear to be any conflicts, however, when I unplugged the Lexmark printer the game detected the gamepad. Success!

I then moved USB devices around a bit and unplugged the webcam but no matter which USB port I used, once the printer was plugged in the game wouldn't detected the gamepad. Unplug it and all was OK.

My problem is really fixed as I've plugged in the printer to the USB at the front of the PC so all my kid needs to do now is unplug it when he wants to play the game. I'll bet that your suggestion to unplug USB devices will probably help others too.

The Lexmark web site says that if you plug in the printer to a USB at the front or side of a PC instread of the back then you may have problems and they suggest that if you must use the front USB ports for the printer then to use a USB powered hub. Although the game doesn't detect my gamepad when the printer is plugged into a USB at he back I might still try a USB powered hub, see what happens and post back.

Thanks again.

Z

zerOman

Just noticed that I said a "USB powered Hub", which is the opposite to what I meant. I meant a USB Hub powered externally - that is with a power lead to the wall socket with an adapter.

I haven't tried one yet, however, yesterday I installed Moto GP 2, a motor cycle racing game and the rumblepad worked WITH the printer connected.

So it looks like it is just EA Cricket 2004 with the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread