Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I caved and reinstalled it.

I'm gonna have a single 4 day county game and see how it is, using my old sliders.

It's got a fine margin for error, let's see if it hooks me again.
Any news on this?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It is getting reinstalled again.

Going to plug some sliders and play the first 15 overs of a test match. That's how long it has to impress me :-)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It is getting reinstalled again.

Going to plug some sliders and play the first 15 overs of a test match. That's how long it has to impress me :-)
Set up a test match between SA and NZ at Centurion.

Might bowl as both teams, or maybe bowl as one team and just bat as one person for the other.

Got an early wicket with the new ball, then Elgar and Markram put on 90 before both fell to Trent Boult in the last over before lunch. 104-3, solid first session and a nice bonus late on.

No run outs, no nonsense, some maidens, some double figure runs in an over. Few play and misses, few edges that dropped short.

Was good! Made me want to play more.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Poor afternoon session from the AI. To say they were about 100-1 in the final over before lunch, they're now 167-7 at tea. Still, need to have both teams bat before any judgements are made, but South Africa have largely fallen apart.

This one was lovely tho, highly enjoyable. Just looks "right", sliding one across the face and tickling the edge. No bat pad nonsense, no super keeper, no defence onto the boot. Just decent cricket.

All the wickets have been solid so far. Had a bowled, two caught by the keeper, two caught at slip from the quicks off the drive, an edge that clattered into off stump and then this. Excellent.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Bowled South Africa out this morning, 5 for 60 odd for Boult, and refreshingly a non-OP effort from Santner as the only spinner. 2 for 35.

The only nonsense that occurred was something I'd run into on 22 before then forgotten about, tailenders who stick around to help the AI post a decent score. Think SA made 220 in the end, but the last wicket partnership lasted over 150 balls.

It happens, I accept, but it happens a bit too often on 22.

Still, time to bowl as SA now, see how they do.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Well, this looks like fairly comfortable victory is on the cards.

I've bowled as both teams, I've not changed any sliders between innings either.

PXL_20231216_230004551.jpg
Couldn't be more different.

South Africa batted and aside from Elgar and Markram who put on nearly 100, did very little. Nearly every chance resulted in a wicket, and they only reached a bit of respectability due to the last wicket marathon that went north of 150 balls.

New Zealand's batting has been far more aggressive, with a RR of around 4 (SA's was around 2 for large parts). SA have had a fair few misfields and errors, I don't remember any when I was NZ (and it's set to automatic).

NZ have taken on way more quick singles and hit far more boundaries. They've swept the spinner, cut them off the back foot, it's been a treat. The seamers have been completely ineffective compared to Boult who got 5. But......

NZ have also had a good 20+ edges that have all been scripted to go safe. Probably 20+ play and misses as well. No exaggeration, it's happened loads and still they keep going.

Not sure why there's such a huge difference, but good it's not just the same for both teams. Plus Maharaj isn't just automatically picking up wickets (tho I've only got a slip in, no other close catchers).

Might sim the rest of this one as it seems a foregone conclusion, before deciding what I fancy next.

First time I've ever bowled as both teams, it's been strange but fun!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Did some simming:

PXL_20231217_130610799.jpg
Taylor and Nicholls put on 270 and could have been out 10 times each, easily. Probably more. Was a bit bizarre.

Bowled to start the SA 2nd innings, got Elgar to edge to gully within 3 overs. No idea what the NZ boys got so many lives, idk.

Still, fun was had. Now to decide what I fancy doing next....

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I fancy doing a bit of writing to give my next series a bit of flavour, but as this particular area of the forum feels like a total ghost town, it seems like I'd be doing it largely for myself haha

Anyone still around these parts and interested in reading? If so, pipe up, otherwise I'll keep it to myself.

Or do it anyway, and accept nobody will read it :sweat:

drastsab

Club Captain
Set up a test match between SA and NZ at Centurion.

Might bowl as both teams, or maybe bowl as one team and just bat as one person for the other.

Got an early wicket with the new ball, then Elgar and Markram put on 90 before both fell to Trent Boult in the last over before lunch. 104-3, solid first session and a nice bonus late on.

No run outs, no nonsense, some maidens, some double figure runs in an over. Few play and misses, few edges that dropped short.

Was good! Made me want to play more.
Did u used sliders or default settings. Difficulty?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Did u used sliders or default settings. Difficulty?
It was custom sliders based on my slider spreadsheet, with a few tweaks. That is a mix of difficulties.

NZ ended up absolutely pounding them, strangely. Team ratings were pretty even and I was bowling for teams.

1705937922004.png

HRH H

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all. Just got back into the console gaming side off things after some rough times. Community takes an absolute age to load on Series S, is this normal? Should I be patient or is there an issue

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hi all. Just got back into the console gaming side off things after some rough times. Community takes an absolute age to load on Series S, is this normal? Should I be patient or is there an issue
I've not used it save for getting a few classic 1950's teams, but I don't remember any of the loading being out of the ordinary.

Hope you're doing good

LongFormPiece

School Cricketer
Any idea what I would need to do in order to lower the speed the spin bowlers bowl? I don't mean the visual speed, but the actual speed. All the spinners are bowling at 65mph. Which slider would I need to change in order to make this a more realistic 50/55mph?

Users who are viewing this thread