Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They have your money mate. They dont care.
Submitted another ticket tonight. I saw on Reddit that some people say it is sometimes caused by your internet source. They went from wifi to mobile hotspot and it fixed the problem. Will give it a go after work. ISP could maybe block something.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Tried downloading some stuff last night, everything worked fine for me at least.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I downloaded some ipl teams and found it only works if you go for 'quick download'

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ok so the problem were in fact one of our ISP's. Changed from Telkom to Vodacom and can now download from community again. No sure why Telkom block signals.

2ruheroAusaf

School Cricketer
Big Ant server unavailable. I can log into the game on steam but community downloads not working for the last couple of days. Verified game files but didn't help. After a while I got to search once in community and then server unavailable again. The search result for players gave me names like Moo Moo Poo Poo. Wtf is wrong at Big Ant?
Same problem with me

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
What sliders can I tweak to get more lbw's? My wickets mostly consist of nicks to slips or outfield catches.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
What sliders can I tweak to get more lbw's? My wickets mostly consist of nicks to slips or outfield catches.
How are you getting Nick's can you share the sliders please. If you want more lbws then to increase ball physics

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Tempted to install 22 and have a bash at the career mode.

Is it worth doing? What sort of state was it left in?
Nope. The game is still broken. You don't have much to do after a couple of seasons and the game crashes and crashes and crashes

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India

Go for it, but won't recommend Career mode as there many scheduling conflicts and bugs such as in IPL all teams bowling with wicketkeepers etc etc

You can play a tournament with a star player if you want career mode like fun or the best option is Play now option.

Also checkout Women's cricket , it is refreshing to play, i liked the batting very much and felt natural without the insane shot power of Men's cricket.

The fielding issues are there but not game breaking and you can enjoy the game if you overlook some errors.

The game does not crash on PS.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

Some days you play the game and you think hey, I'm actually having a good time. You hear a line of commentary you haven't heard before or nail a few sweet cover drives for four or your just facing a fresh challenge, something you haven't seen before.

Other days you play and it's a series of WTF's...

You see the AI batsman playing a late cut and the ball catches the edge and flies like a rocket in the opposite direction straight past the bowler and you sit there trying to do the math of what just happened. Or you wonder why for the last 4 seasons you don't have any matches scheduled on your calendar between about middle October to end November, but you know you're supposed to play for some teams during that period.

But... its cricket and no matter what other games I play, I always seem to come back to cricket. So its playable, but not spectacular unfortunately.

I recently started a new career as an opening batsman, mostly because I wanted to test something. I wanted to see if I change the birth dates of most of my players to the late 1990's and early 2000's if I will have a higher percentage of real life players still playing by the time my career player starts his domestic career, but it doesn't look like it made a huge difference. I still have a lot of generated players with weird names in my teams. I wonder if I change the line-ups for every team before I start a new career, maybe that will make a difference. Will see if I have time to test that theory.

But yeah, if you look past the fielding issues, diving over balls, kicking the ball around, balls hitting the keeper up his backside and falling over and all of the other little bits of frustration, then you can have some fun with the game.

With this new career I've been keeping stats, and I've been setting up my own little sponsorship system with fans and a financial aspect etc, so it keeps me entertained at least. Fingers crossed that C24 fixes all the issues C22 had.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I caved and reinstalled it.

I'm gonna have a single 4 day county game and see how it is, using my old sliders.

It's got a fine margin for error, let's see if it hooks me again.

Davehenbery

School Cricketer
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post.

On my Career mode, just made my Eng debut against India. Go to the match and the india lineup includes Sam Curran, Dan Moriarty, Ben Geddes. They have almost turned into an amalgamation of India and Surrey! It also looks like the added players have inherited the career stats of the Indian players who they have replaced. For example, Ben Geddes bats at 4, and has Virat Kohli's career stats. Not sure how this has happened. Checked the squad lists and none appear here, did wonder if I'd downloaded a duff team update.

Anyone else had this, or know how to fix?

Thanks in advance!

ndschan

Club Captain
Is there a way to edit liscenced players. Was playing with right handedbatsmen for both teams. For example to make Warner a right handed batsman. If theres a workaround please let me know

MrDependable

County Cricketer
Is there a way to edit liscenced players. Was playing with right handedbatsmen for both teams. For example to make Warner a right handed batsman. If theres a workaround please let me know
I believe licensed players cant be edited

Users who are viewing this thread