My 2010 World Cup [FIFA 09]

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is my version of the 2010 World Cup that I have decided to play for fun. I will do 'Live' coverage of each game I play, and I will be playing every game myself on Legendary difficulty. I will choose a team for each fixture to control and will see how it unfolds. Something to keep my occupied as I slowly whittle away shouting at the screen whilst playing Ultimate Team or Online. This first post will be updated after every game to update group tables and results.

FIFA World Cup 2010

2010fifaworldcup.png

The Groups
Group A
Denmark
France
Romania
Switzerland

Group B
Belgium
Cameroon
Norway
Russia

Group C
Australia
England
Greece
Republic of Ireland

Group D
Germany
Holland
Sweden
Uruguay

Group E
Italy
Mexico
Turkey
Ukraine

Group F
Czech Republic
Portugal
South Africa
Spain

Group G
Argentina
Austria
Croatia
Scotland

Group H
Brazil
Korea Republic
Poland
USA

----------

Results
Denmark 1-0 Switzerland
France 4-1 Romania
Norway 2-0 Russia
Belgium 0-3 Cameroon
Greece 0-2 England

----------

Next Game: Rep. of Ireland vs Australia
Bold = User Controlled

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Note: This World Cup will take place in England.

120px-Danish_football_crest.png
vs
switzerlandlogot.jpg

Denmark vs Switzerland
@ The Millenium Stadium, Cardiff
Kick-Off: 19:45​

The Teams
Denmark: Sorensen, Jacobsen, Laursen, Agger, N.Jensen, Poulsen, D.Jensen, Jorgensen, Rommedahl, Tomasson (c), Kahlenberg.
Subs: Christiansen, Bendtner, Gronkjaer, Kroldrup, Andreasen.

Switzerland: Benaglio, Degen, Muller, Senderos, Magnin, Behrami, Fernandes, Inler, Barnetta, Yakin, Frei (c).
Subs: Jakurovic, N'Kufo, Huggel, Eggimann, Spycher.

-----------------------------------------

6th min: A neat one-two between Rommedahl and Tomasson leaves Rommedahl with room to run down this right wing. He swings in a right footed cross. Met with the head of Tomasson. GOAL!! Denmark take the lead. Fine football by Tomasson and Rommedahl. Denmark 1-0 Switzerland.

sp11.jpg

9th min: Corner is headed out only as far as Behrami. Behrami controls and then shoots but it's flown wide of the post. Good chance for Switzerland to draw level there.

11th min: Frei has a strong shot saved by Sorensen.

25th min: Header by N.Jansen from corner is saved well by Benaglio.

30th min: Long range shot by Yakin is tipped wide by Sorensen. That looked destined for the far corner of the net.

31st min: Second foul by Degen on Kahlenberg and he picks up a yellow card, the first of the tournament.

35th min: Senderos quickly follows Degen into the book with a foul on Tomasson. This is in a dangerous position on the edge of the area. Jorgensen steps up and curls the free kick just over the bar.

38th min: Behrami misses a good chance as he heads Barnetta's cross over the bar.

HT: Denmark 1-0 Switzerland.

45th min: Andreasen on for Jorgensen (Denmark).

47th min: Frei has a powerful shot tipped wide by Sorensen. The Danish keeper looks unbeatable.

52nd min: Tomasson hits a delightful chip that lands onto the roof of the net. A good chance for Denmark to double their lead there,

59th min: Eggimann on for Degen, Huggel on for Senderos (Switzerland).

65th min: That's a foul by Muller on Tomasson. It's about 30 yards out. Andreasen takes it but it's comfortably saved by the keeper.

70th min: Cross by Barnetta headed over by Fernandes.

73rd min: D.Jansen's first time shot trickles wide of the post. Gronkjaer on for Rommedahl (Denmark).

76th min: Frei just can't beat Sorensen today as his volley is palmed away from goal.

81st min: Poulsen breaks through Switzerland's defence but his shot swerves wide of the post.

85th min: Gronkjaer's cross headed by Tomasson but is held by Benaglio.

90th min: N'Kufo on for Frei (Switzerland).

FT: Denmark 1-0 Switzerland
MotM: Laursen

photo.cms

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
good start jack, like the idea,
probably the first of many world cup stories over the next year and a bit

KIU

Manly

Thor
I was gonna suggest we could do this together, but you would rape me with every team.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Still can do mate. Would make it a hell of a lot more fun. I wouldn't always beat you, you beat me in the first game we played the other night...

Manly

Thor
Then look at the results lol.

If you want to then I'm sure I can quit FM for ya :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
France_football_shirt_badge.png
romania.gif

France vs Romania
@ Anfield, Liverpool
Kick-Off: 15:00​

The Teams
France: Mandanda, Sagna, Gallas, Mexes, Evra, Ribery, Toulalan, Diarra, Malouda, Henry (c), Benzema.
Subs: Lloris, Anelka, Govou, Abidal, Viera.

Romania: Labont, Radoi, Golan, Tamas, Rat (c), Petre, Chivu, Contra, Nicolita, D.Niculae, Murgu.
Subs: Popa, M.Niculae, Dica, Marica, Radu.

4th min: Malouda passes to Benzema who has a bit of work to do before he can get a shot off. He skids past a couple of defenders before lashing a low drive toward goal. GOAL!! Benzema picks out the bottom corner. France 1-0 Romania.

france3-1tunisia_104261.jpg

10th min: Niculae puts in a low cross that is met by the sliding Murgu. Mandanda makes a fine reaction save to get the ball clear.

16th min: Benzema plays a fine through ball for henry to latch onto but his shot it pushed wide by Labont.

19th min: The wet surface plays havoc to the France defence, in particular Gallas, who almost puts the ball past his own keeper. Mandanda, thankfully for France and Gallas, makes a fine save.

38th min: A vicious shot by Murgu is tipped wide by Mandanda. France owe their lead to some fine keeping from Mandanda.

HT: France 1-0 Romania.

53rd min: Ribery passes to Henry who has his back to goal. The striker turns and unleashes a powerful left footed shot. GOAL!! Labont gets a hand to it but it flies into the top corner. France 2-0 Romania.

58th min: Marica on for Niculae, Dica on for Nicolita (Romania).

61st min: Henry is played in by Sagna on the right wing. Henry uses his pace to cut inside and has a great chances to make it 3-0. GOAL!! He does make it 3-0 placing the ball into the net from 10 yards. France 3-0 Romania.

_40776016_henry.jpg

64th min: Anelka on for Benzema (France).

66th min: Anelka puts in Ribery who steams away from the Romanian defenders. One-on-one with the keeper. GOAL!! Ribery makes no mistake. France 4-0 Romania.

67th min: Radu on for Golan (Romania).

75th min: Petre crosses on the left but it is headed over by Marica. Govou on for Ribery (France).

78th min: Evra's cross is headed onto the roof of the net by Henry. That would've been a stunning header to complete his hattrick.

88th min: Henry breaks the Romanian defence only to have his shot blocked by the feet of Labont.

90th min: Marica slides a square ball across for Dica. Dica can't miss. GOAL!! He doesn't. A calm finish to add a consolation goal for Romania. France 4-1 Romania.

FT: France 4-1 Romania
MotM: Henry

Manly

Thor
I've hiJACKed this story (See what I did there?) and where we are both on, myself and Jack will be playing each other online.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
200px-Norway_national_football_team_logo.png
brand.gif

Norway vs Russia
@ Old Trafford, Manchester
Kick-Off: 19:45​

The Teams
Norway: Jarstein, Hogli, Reginivssen, Hangeland, Riise, Andresen, Stromstad, Pedersen, Crindheim, Helstad, Carew.
Subs: Knudsen, Iversen, Bakke, Nevland, Haland.

Russia: Akinfeev, Anyukov, Kolodin, Ignashevich, Zhirkov, Zyryanov, Semshov, Semak, Bilyaletdinov, Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko.
Subs: Malafeev, Sytchev, Systov, Saenko, Shirokov.

1st min: Pavlyuchenko capitalises on a mistake by the defender but can't make it count, saved well by Jarstein.

4th min: Again the Norway defence hand Pavlyuchenko a chance to score and this time he puts it wide of the post.

5th min: Arshavin takes a shot but it flies wide of the goal.

10th min: Carew forces Akinfeev into a fine reflex save from a cross by Pedersen.

17th min: Pavlyuchenko breaks through Norway's back line but he knocks the ball a little too far in front and Jarstein stops him with a strong tackle.

18th min: Carew chases a through ball but Akinfeev is quickest to it and gets it clear.

23rd min: Carew collects the ball on the edge of the area before firing a shot that is well saved by Akinfeev.

27th min: Stromstad has a good chance to score but alshes his right footed shot wide of the post.

37th min: Carew heads over the bar after good work down the right side.

42nd min: Carew is through again but his shot is somehow saved by the right boot of Akinfeev.

43rd min: Akinfeev the savour again for Russia as he saves low down from a Stromstad shot.

45th min: The corner comes in by Pedersen and it's not cleared by Russia. The ball falls to Carew who hits it after a short touch. GOAL!! Fantastic finish despite pressure from the Russian defenders. Scrappy goal for Russia to give away just before half-time. Norway 1-0 Russia.

JohnCarew2005_210208.jpg

HT: Norway 1-0 Russia.

55th min: Pavlyuchenko is through on goal but can't score as the keeper saves well.

63rd min: Arshavin finds himself free in the Norway box but shoots just wide.

66th min: Carew is set free by Stromstad but the keeper comes to the rescue clearing the danger.

68th min: A throw-in on the right gives Stromstad the chance to cross the ball in. Carew rises above the defender and the rushing keeper. GOAL!! Superb use of his height gives Carew and Norway a second. Norway 2-0 Russia.

75th min: Akinfeev hits a bad goal kick straight to Helstad who can't take advantage of the keeper's mistake shooting straight at his body.

78th min: Very late tackle by Pavlyuchenko on Hangeland earns himself a yellow card.

82nd min: Zyryanov hits a fierce left footed shot from 25 yards out but sees it tipped over by Jarstein.

88th min: Fantastic chance to finish the game off for Norway as Helstad chips the ball over the keeper but also over the bar.

90th min: Helstad ahs another good chance but this time Akinfeev denies the Norwegian striker.

FT: Norway 2-0 Russia
MotM: Carew

Last edited:

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Great start Jack, looks promising ;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cheers guys. Also, now that Ben has joined me in playing this World Cup I am still the team in bold. Therefore, for example, I beat Ben last game. Just to let you guys know (Not to brag) ;)

I shall be Belgium next match and I fully expect Ben to rip me to shreds with Eto'o up top...

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
belgium.gif
logo_cmr.gif

Belgium vs Cameroon
@ St. James' Park, Newcastle
Kick-Off: 13:00​

The Teams
Belgium: Stijnen, Hoefkens, Kompany, van Buyten, Vermaelen, Fellaini, Simons, Defour, Dembele, Tchite.
Subs: Bailly, van Damme, Sonck, Martens, Mirallas.

Cameroon: Kameni, A.Song, Bikey, M'bami, Binya, Geremi, Makoun, Atouba, Job, R.Song, Eto'o.
Subs: Hamidou, Nkong, Tchato, Idrissou, Emana.

17th min: A missed slide tackle gives Job a fantastic scoring chance but he smashes an awful shot well wide of goal.

20th min: Binya pumps a sensational long ball from inside his own half which is chested down by A.Song. A.Song takes one touch before alshing a strike at goal. GOAL!! Superb football by Cameroon and they now lead. Belgium 0-1 Cameroon.

-images-s-song_cameroon_sudan2.jpg

43rd min: Geremi plays a exquisite through ball for Eto'o who takes it in his stride and belts the ball towards goal. GOAL!! ANother brilliant move by Cameroon and Eto'o has his first. Belgium 0-2 Cameroon.

45th min: A quality high ball by Defour is brought down by Tchite who volleys inches over.

HT: Belgium 0-2 Cameroon

45th min: Sonck on for Dembele (Belgium).

55th min: A.Song swings in a cross but Job's header is pushed wide by the keeper.

56th min: The resulting corner is whipped in and Job rises again to get a header on target. The keeper can only push the ball upwards. Eto'o is there. GOAL!! Simple finish for Eto'o on the line after the keeper did all he could to keep it out. Belgium 0-3 Cameroon.

0,1020,568257,00.jpg

57th min: Emana on for Bikey (Cameroon).

59th min: Tchato on for Binya (Cameroon).

59th min: Defour's free kick from the edge of the area sails over the bar.

75th min: Eto'o rises well to connect with a header but the ball goes inches past the frame of the goal.

85th min: A superb chance for Tchite to score as he finds space on the edge of the box but it is saved well by the keeper.

FT: Belgium 0-3 Cameroon
MotM: Atouba

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm playing on the PS3. This is just a bit of fun, it's hardly a story at all, but this is the best place for it to go.

Users who are viewing this thread