Story My Ashes - A C2k7 Career Story

unlucky with the batting but u did better than the other tailenders, lets hope you can get some turn when you bowl

England batted fairly strongly. Hopefully bowling works out better for you.

I loved the batting from your perspecitve bit, pretty much feels like being out there.

Continue with this mate, it looks amazing :D

New South Wales 1st Innings

After England got to 364 in their first innings New South Wales will want to get to a total which will challenge the Englishmen, they also need to score quickly to avoid time running out. Especially since there are clouds overhead and rain is threatening.

From Chez Spin's Perspective

NSW are in trouble now at 67/3 and Fred has just called me over to say I'll be bowling next. Clarke and O'Brian are the 2 men at the crease. Harmison and Lewis opening the bowling have troubled them so hopefully that pressure will allow me to nip in with some wickets.

Over 1
A little nervous bowling for England for the first time. A good settling in over for me though. It was a maiden and I troubled O'Brien a bit, he was playing and missing outside his offstump quite a lot. Hopefully I can exploit that weakness.

216913657.jpg

Troubling O'Brian

Over 2
Conceded my first runs when Clarke hit me through the covers. I bowled just a fraction too wide but I have to learn that at this level it will be punished. He didn't get anything else off the over though. I just have to keep it tight and force an error

Over 3
3 singles taken this time, one down the ground and 2 to deep backward square. It is a learning curve for me, because despite this being a warm up I know that all Australian state sides have world class players in them because there arn't many state sides. Still having a go at O'Brian but I'm not getting anywhere yet.

Over 4
Another 3 off this over, Clarke is proving a tricky batsman to bowl at. I'll need to use this time to try and get a plan for him because he will probably feature in the test series. O'Brian still isn't comfortable and it is frustrating how many appeals he is surviving. Still, I'll keep working at it.

Over 5
I think I have an idea for Clarke. I bowled one just a fraction shorter and slightly wide of off-stump and he gave a big play and miss. Rain came 3 balls into my over and we stayed off for the 2 hour duration of rain while I tried to think through other strategies. 2 runs were taken when we were able to get back out there.

Over 6
Good over this one, maiden and some weaknesses becoming visible. Clarke seems to be weak around his legs so I am targeting him there, going around the wicket to try and get him. THe other main event is that O'Brian prodded the ball in the air off a defensive stroke but it didn't go to either of my close-in fielders. Close, but still no cigar

Over 7
Spent the whole over trying to get Clarke around his legs, he really isn't comfortable and gets cramped for space. A maiden over and you can sense Clarke's frustration at being held down and unable to score. I could turn that into a wicket.

Over 8
WICKET! I finally have O'Brien! My first wicket for England in any match. He came down the pitch to smash my delivery, but I managed to bet him in flight and he missed the ball completely, playing over the ball. A really exciting moment, Flintoff very happy that his confidence in me has payed off. Creed is the next man in and I kept him to defending the remainder of the over

216913648.jpg

My first wicket - bowling O'Brian

Over 9
Lewis just got Clarke caught behind in the last over, so 5 down now and we really have control. I had a big appeal against Creed turned down. It looked really good out there but it was pitching outside leg stump so I think the umpire got it right. 2 off the over played into the leg side.

216913642.jpg

Appeal against Creed

Over 10
A fairly unexciting maiden. A lot of blocking from balls which I pitched up, tempt the batter forward.

Over 11
Same as the last over but I dropped one short and it was pulled away by Creed for 4. Fred told me this would be my last over so I tried to do something special, tried to googly, top spinner and even flipper.

I didn't get another bowl because we finished them for 161. My 1/21 looked very respectable on a pitch which wasn't turning much yet. We have a nice big lead going to bat our second innings and we should win this easily

216913653.jpg

216957288.jpg

Nice stuff, Chez. When taking screenshots of replays, press the "Hide" button in game. Next to the "Exit". Good luck.

Good stuff on debut. Managed to keep it accurate, and even took a wicket! Good stuff. i doubt you'll play a single game with all your inexperience, but it should be a good learning curve. You might be a regular by 2009!

Very good bowling Chez! Nice neat stuff and congrats on the wicket!

GrayNicolls said:
Nice stuff, Chez. When taking screenshots of replays, press the "Hide" button in game. Next to the "Exit". Good luck.

I just cant be bothered :p

ZoraxDoom said:
Good stuff on debut. Managed to keep it accurate, and even took a wicket! Good stuff. i doubt you'll play a single game with all your inexperience, but it should be a good learning curve. You might be a regular by 2009!

You never know Zorax...

I can tell you though that Monty wont have an "unfortunate accident" :p

Users who are viewing this thread