My Experience With Accident(Very Thankful To GOD)

I am thankful to GOD for rescuing me at the right time.........

I hope you're not so thankful to GOD for getting you into the accident in the first place :p

Sounds pretty nasty, what's worse though is the person that hit you just leaving and not even stopping. They must surely had known they'd hit you. What sort of bike were you on ? A pedal bike or a motorbike ? Nasty stuff, at least you didn't get too badly injured though.

I'm glad to hear you are all right, Suren. Nasty experience.

Out of interest, how does car insurance/health insurance work in India when something like this happens?

Don't know how idiots like these exist. What possible reason could they have to run over another human and not stop to help? Hope he goes to Hell...

Good to see you are still alive. Better walk to work from now on!

I'm glad to hear you are all right, Suren. Nasty experience.

Out of interest, how does car insurance/health insurance work in India when something like this happens?

Bike is insured at time of purchase itself. Its mandatory to have Insurance or else you will be challaned by Traffic Police.
Health Insurance cover is given by almost all good companies and I think Suren works in one similar. Ofcourse you can have separate healt cover for one by paying just premium of Rs, 4000 (90 USD approx) per year.

Glad to hear you're ok.

But what are you thankful to god for? Merely hospitalising you?

Hi,

I want to share with you all the so called "toughest experience of my life" where my entire family was also in shock for around a week. :(

Last Friday (September 12,2008), I took my bike to the office which is around 30kms from my home. (nearly it will take 80-90 mins for the journey including the traffic). Generally I dont take bike to my office but that day I had the plans of coming home early in the evening because of which i took the bike. Also, its to be noted that i am not a rookie driver either.. having 6 years experience with the bike driving and all..

On that day, it took me late unfortunately to leave the office. It happened to be 9.40PM when I started the bike from my office parking slot. I had no problems and I was almost about to reach home..( was just 10-15 mins away from my home..) To be specific, I was on the beach road and time was around 10.45PM. I knw the time becos, after I reaching the beach road, I called up home and said, i will be reaching home in few mins.

Also the road was deserted. I was just traveling with the speed of 30 Kmph in that beach road. All of a sudden, my memory was lost...............................................................................................................................

You know why? I was struck by a Qualis(Toyota) vehicle from behind. :( I didn't remember anything. From the people who admitted me in a hospital.. they told that, the vehicle was Toyota van.. it struck and went passed me in full speed without even stopping to see what happened. :(

Thankfully, some people nearby ran and took me running to the office. From what I heard from my mom was, after accident, it seems I spoke to home through phone that I met with an accident. But I dont remember anything even now.

And in hospital, it seems, that they were putting stitches on my forehead and chin.. And at that time also I kept my eyes opened it seems not even realizing the pain. I dont remember anything .. :eek:

And after the quick first aid in nearby hospital(i.e, stitches), i was taken to a better hospital where I completed my treatment. When my consciousness came, i was seeing myself in a stretcher lying down. And mom,dad, neighbours were all there around me. My T-Shirt was soaked with blood. My right hand side of the pant was torn into pieces.

Anyways, I am still having those surface wound( they are in recovering day by day thankfully!) But the major thing was, I am having anterior and posterior skull fracture in my left side. But for that, there is no particular treatment for it.. it will heal automatically only it seems as i take rest.

Yesterday(Sep 19,2008), I got discharged from the hospital after the treatment. They took care of me very well. But the problem/shock which I created within my family because of this accident is still keeping me worried. But it's always better to move ahead right? So I am now looking forward to recover myself well like before soon.

Those four hours where I was not even conscious and never knew what happened, how it happened... how I fell onto the road... OMG, I can't even think of all those things even now.. I had a bitter last week.. But I believe that my case will be atleast a lesson to our youth drivers who take speed for granted while driving.

Please be cautious while driving.. Don't exceed the speed.. Be cautious of what's happening behind you also through the rear mirror.. Think of your family while driving.. Be careful. Hereafter, everytime from now, whenever i get into my bike, definitely these things alert me.

All I can suggest to our fast/rash rookie or youth drivers, " Life is so precious! Lets not afford to loose it by our carelessness".:upray I am thankful to GOD for rescuing me at the right time.........

Are you from chennai? If yes, you are lucky to have been in the beach road. My brother suffered a near fatal accident in a highway in Chennai and was hospitalised for a month.

Please dont txt spk Suren.

I think Suren will get away with it...Seeing as he has had a nasty bang to the head AND most of his post is in proper English.

Wanna be a Mod CDM, go make your own forum and do it there. If not, then leave it to the properly blues.

I think Suren will get away with it...Seeing as he has had a nasty bang to the head AND most of his post is in proper English.

Wanna be a Mod CDM, go make your own forum and do it there. If not, then leave it to the properly blues.

I was telling him to talk properly because if he did another post and it had some txt spk Mods might not be as nice.

Please dont txt spk Suren.

It's very minor so it'll be okay. ;)

Glad to hear you're okay Suren. When I woke up in hospital after I got pneumonia 2 years ago, I didn't know what had happened. I was unconscious for two weeks as it turned out!
It's a scary experience and I'm glad you've come through it without serious damage.

Last edited:
Wow, thats a scary story. I hope you have a speedy recovery and the guy who did this is caught. What a twat, he must have no heart.

Get well soon. :(

I had accident when I was in 7th Grade. I was unconsious for 1/2 hour and then got up and went home to see my face was mess and mother was so scared she almost fainted. :p

What happened?

I was telling him to talk properly because if he did another post and it had some txt spk Mods might not be as nice.

He is a mod.

Thanks To God you are safe :upray Just hope you get well soon :D . I was thinking of purchasing a bike but after this :noway . I love life very much and now i am also involved with someone :p
There is nothing to worry so much.One has to move on.One has to agree these accidents do happen.So you shouldn't cancel the plan of buying a bike.
I am also planning to buy a scooter to go to school etc.

It's very minor so it'll be okay. ;)

Glad to hear you're okay Suren. When I woke up in hospital after I got pneumonia 2 years ago, I didn't know what had happened. I was unconscious for two weeks as it turned out!
It's a scary experience and I'm glad you've come through it with serious damage.

Now that's not a very nice thing to say Rob.

Think you might have missed out a few letters mate ;)

Users who are viewing this thread