My review & Results after tweaking the AI a little

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kerry_OKeeffe said:
My bowling dots have gone bigger..

Did this happen to anyone else after installing it?

Eg. Brett Lee's bowling dot now:

Yes Kerry that has to do with the files I uploaded. The cursor size is increased in it and that is the effect you are seeing. I am pretty sure now CPU bowls quite a bit outside off and short balls.

groobz said:
Kerry mines not like that at all, a lot smaller. i'm playing the same game as you right now, @25th over England are 2/84, thanks to vaughns 23(73)* :(.

Your installation hasn't gone through well mate if it is displaying a small cursor. It has to be big otherwise you haven't installed it properly.

adthomp

International Cricketer
crick4life said:
What exactly are you looking forward to improve on adthomp? If you let me know then I may be able to suggest something.

basically I want the CPU to bowl more balls over the off stump so I at least get a few goes at playing a cover drive or Cut or the odd bouncer to hook or pull I only see 1 bouncer every 5 overs!! but thats OK for ODI obviously with bouncers that is..

also I am so sick and tired of the straight drive in test matches not getting any runs what so ever!! its fine in one days to hit it for 4 or a single but in a test it is useless you might as well block! dunno if theres a way to tweak that or not but yeah ...

I also like that on easy mode you actually move around while the bowler is running in but the problem is easy mode the CPU selects your shots for you is there a way to on medium mode tweak it so you can move around whenteh bowler comes in??? I'm finding myself the only way to give width is stand all the way over the leg stump exposing my stumps

edit

forgot to add teh CPU blocks 100 balls then smashes about 20 4s and 6s and just collapes when it gets so far behind in run rate needs to pace itself more!

Last edited:

Kerry_OKeeffe

Club Captain
crick4life said:
Yes Kerry that has to do with the files I uploaded. The cursor size is increased in it and that is the effect you are seeing. I am pretty sure now CPU bowls quite a bit outside off and short balls.

Yeh they bowl alot more balls on a good length around off stump but they bowl too many leg stump or just outside leg stump yorker/full tosses.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Kerry_OKeeffe said:
Interesting read, the tweak for less yorkers sounds great

BTW, have u found anyway to reduce misfields or possibly turn Andrew Symonds into a medium pacer.. (I tried tweaking around with the roster before and couldn't find the offset for bowling type)

Anyway, keep up the good work

Kerry now its just a little wait before Prakash comes up with an editor for this one. There are couple of files that can be edited, those are the player databases. The file names are 6c91b55323be05f1c26c891848029b1a.backup and 6c91b55323be05f1c26c891848029b1a.backup2. Maybe time for Prakash to come up with an editor?

Also the file types cdf are the player databases too, when I tried to open with Player editor from Prakash it comes up with index out of bound so I am guess the file this time has grown larger. It will probably need another new editor.

Last edited:

Kerry_OKeeffe

Club Captain
crick4life said:
Kerry now its just a little wait before Prakash comes up with an editor for this one. There are couple of files that can be edited, those are the player databases. The file names are 6c91b55323be05f1c26c891848029b1a.backup and 6c91b55323be05f1c26c891848029b1a.backup2. Maybe time for Prakash to come up with an editor?

Also the file types cdf are the player databases too, when I tried to open with Player editor from Prakash it comes up with index out of bound so I am guess the file this time has grown larger. It will probably need another new editor.

Awesome, sounds great :D

Satish555

Club Captain
hey ravi is there any way to make batting easier eg. six hit shot. an also change shot direction a bit because the fielders are so well placed i cant hit the ball any where. i hardly get runs and find it too hard and medium is too easy. can u do something?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Is there a big difference between medium and hard? I had problems with medium mode, but I've been winning matches lately, so I am thinking of switching to hard mode. But I know how hard playing was when I switched to hard mode in Cricket 2004.

Is this tweaking method recommended when you're playing hard mode?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Hi ravi, been using your config file, i like it. However a few strokes need some more power and variable direction, or you need to edit a few of the cpu fields if possible. The defensive cover drive, needs more power, and to be played more often, i often find my batsmen playing the attacking cover drive when the ball is to close to the stumps, this happens in odi only not test. Backfoot cover drive needs more power, and variation. Front foot leg glance, is to weak, its ok in tests as there is only one player to beat but in a odi theres 3 players to beat and it never happens. Using this Cfg, i played my first square cut, and timed it well but it didnt beat the fielders. Hooking needs to be made a tad easier, or pulling. The cpu pull good length balls, yet that is impossible for human players without missing, or hitting the ball straight up.

I played a odi against Pakistan A and found the cpu pacing files to be pretty good. They started to really accelerate in the last 5 overs, with a small increase the overs before that. I attacked for the first 15 overs with quicks, then bowled 20 overs of spin with a custom, defensive field, then brought the quicks back on to finish the innings. Pakistan A made 227/9.

CPU tail enders were comming in and smacking 6's off the first ball they faced in the last 5 lol. No problem with that but i checked these players stats after the game and they just couldnt do that, in real life. Anyway i remember a setting in the Cfg editor for cricket 2004, it made the tail worse at batting, i think that needs to be increased just a little.

Cheers

crick4life

International Cricketer
Satish555 said:
hey ravi is there any way to make batting easier eg. six hit shot. an also change shot direction a bit because the fielders are so well placed i cant hit the ball any where. i hardly get runs and find it too hard and medium is too easy. can u do something?

Honestly batting got so easy I tweaked all the six shots not to come off all the time. If you download the configs I have attached about you will sure find out the batting at hard level is fairly easy. As for the shot direction goes, there has been plenty done by Eddie, Mike and I have tweaked a couple of them too. If you wish I could upload it here and you could use them to see if it suits you.

The_gas said:
Hi ravi, been using your config file, i like it. However a few strokes need some more power and variable direction, or you need to edit a few of the cpu fields if possible. The defensive cover drive, needs more power, and to be played more often, i often find my batsmen playing the attacking cover drive when the ball is to close to the stumps, this happens in odi only not test. Backfoot cover drive needs more power, and variation. Front foot leg glance, is to weak, its ok in tests as there is only one player to beat but in a odi theres 3 players to beat and it never happens. Using this Cfg, i played my first square cut, and timed it well but it didnt beat the fielders. Hooking needs to be made a tad easier, or pulling. The cpu pull good length balls, yet that is impossible for human players without missing, or hitting the ball straight up.

I played a odi against Pakistan A and found the cpu pacing files to be pretty good. They started to really accelerate in the last 5 overs, with a small increase the overs before that. I attacked for the first 15 overs with quicks, then bowled 20 overs of spin with a custom, defensive field, then brought the quicks back on to finish the innings. Pakistan A made 227/9.

CPU tail enders were comming in and smacking 6's off the first ball they faced in the last 5 lol. No problem with that but i checked these players stats after the game and they just couldnt do that, in real life. Anyway i remember a setting in the Cfg editor for cricket 2004, it made the tail worse at batting, i think that needs to be increased just a little.

Cheers

EA has done nada on the tail enders not being able to score runs to be honest. We will need to reapply the Cricket 2004 configs all over again to this game to make the CPU smart and competetive. To do this we will first need a list of all the stroke files. I have tweaked some and in the coming days I will spend some time to tweak them all. I like the CPU pacing files, the CPU is now very positive and always looks to score runs. However I do not like the way CPU bats against the spinners. It is far too easy to bog them down and with yorkers you can get CPU bowled out easily. I will look forward to changing quite a bit in the coming days and hopefully it should suit majority of us.

groobz

Club Cricketer
I'm finding the AI pacing like this

start match - have a bit of a go, then get into cruise mode at 2-3 per over untill the 40 over mark. Then bring out the slogs, where they promptly hit sixes straight down my fielders throat. Since the AI doesn't look at the field placements, i reckon we have to make the AI use the slog button less?.

Satish555

Club Captain
yea sure ravi ... i will be happy to get those. every time i hit the ball it goes straight to a fielder i would love some new shot direction. thnx.

crick4life

International Cricketer
groobz said:
I'm finding the AI pacing like this

start match - have a bit of a go, then get into cruise mode at 2-3 per over untill the 40 over mark. Then bring out the slogs, where they promptly hit sixes straight down my fielders throat. Since the AI doesn't look at the field placements, i reckon we have to make the AI use the slog button less?.

These are the issues we will face if we increase the CPU pacing mid way through :

1. They will hit one too many in the air one too early and get out.
2. Thanks to the stroke files, the ball ends up pretty much the same place each time so run scoring by CPU is far too curtailed.
3. Also due to low DirectionArea the ones hit in the air ends up with a fielder so chances of CPU playing full 50 overs if we make CPU too aggressive are very minimal.

In a nut shell we should increase the DirectionArea and PowerArea while lowering the power for an aerial shot. Also increase the DirectionArea for all the ground shots to ensure CPU carries on scoring even when they are playing ground shots.

I look forward to doing these sometime this week and if someone wants to have a go they should definitely look at making the changes I have mentioned above.

Eddie

International Cricketer
RAvi, I have noticed something which i think "prevents" the CPU scoring thru the leg-side..

the leg side shot which goes thru mid-wicket is classed as "defensive". So once the CPU gets settled they never play it cos they are looking to play moderate and aggressive shots..

I tried changing one of the leg side shots to "moderate" but i didn't see any difference.

Any ideas?

also how many of the stroke file have u identified? I have al except about 10-15..may we could colate our shots abd make a complete list?

Last edited:

jonah

International Coach
Have you tried to make it 'aggressive' Eddie to see if that has any effect, and increase the 'reward' value?

That would be great to have a full list of strokes. I'm trying to stop the cpu playing the backfoot cover 6 hit and backfoot on drive 6 hit so much, in preference for frontfoot lofted shots (which imo would be more realistic), but am having trouble finding the frontfoot 6 hit cover and on drives atm.

Users who are viewing this thread