My review & Results after tweaking the AI a little

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Eddie said:
RAvi, I have noticed something which i think "prevents" the CPU scoring thru the leg-side..

the leg side shot which goes thru mid-wicket is classed as "defensive". So once the CPU gets settled they never play it cos they are looking to play moderate and aggressive shots..

I tried changing one of the leg side shots to "moderate" but i didn't see any difference.

Any ideas?

also how many of the stroke file have u identified? I have al except about 10-15..may we could colate our shots abd make a complete list?

This exactly is what I have complained so far with the EA cricket series. With this kind of setting a lot of shots are rendered useless. You could make it aggressive but then if your defensive values are fairly high or the moderate values are fairly high in the 1day50 pacing file then the chances of this shot being played will be less again. What this also will do is screw up your test cricket files. It will not play these leg glances up until the batsman's confidence meter is high. This is one reason why I had seperate configs for test cricket and odi cricket in both Cricket 2004 and Cricket 2002.

jonah said:
Have you tried to make it 'aggressive' Eddie to see if that has any effect, and increase the 'reward' value?

That would be great to have a full list of strokes. I'm trying to stop the cpu playing the backfoot cover 6 hit and backfoot on drive 6 hit so much, in preference for frontfoot lofted shots (which imo would be more realistic), but am having trouble finding the frontfoot 6 hit cover and on drives atm.

Changing the backfoot cover drive from aggressive to defensive/moderate will stop the CPU from using the backfoot 6 hit shots. Shot30 I think is aerial on drive and shot31 is aerial striaght drive. Hope this helps.

Hero

Club Captain
After playing this game for a while ,I have noticed that this game certainly need a patch.I was very much impressed with the Ravi last patches with Cricket2004.They were best.We need such kind of patch where ground shots are easier to play with more variation.On the other hand ,cpu bowling should be tough so you it should be able to beat human player due to swing seam etc.I have noticed that human fast bowler speed is really impressive but I think cpu fast bowler speed is needed to be improved.It will result in lot of fun.

Cpu pacing should be fine enough that he should mostly able to play full 50 overs in hard mode.It should be tweaked in such a way that it slogs in last 7-10 overs and in mid overs if find any poor ball should go for it .Besides ,some aerial shots can be registered to it in 14,15th over.Backfoot shots should be made easier.Anyway,very good work Ravi,

I hope we will able to get same kind of results with cricket2005.

Eddie

International Cricketer
Shot30 I think is aerial on drive

almost 100% sure thats the sweep "6-hit"

BowlerTypes 6 (spinners only)
Direction 190542464
(just forward of square leg)

======================
I believe shot28 is the ondrive "6-hit"

BowlerTypes 15 (all bowlingtypes)
Direction 15041641 ( wide long on)
Power 3454785 ( lots of power)

jonah

International Coach
Cheers fellas, I'll have a tinker and see how it goes :)

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
Well one thing that has annoyed me so far is that I can score at most only 2 runs off a regular ground shot. Most of the time my shot is slow and is picket up by the fielders. I hate these no power ground strokes. Its stupid that you have to hit the six hit button for the ball to go far. I mean in real cricket you see a lot more brilliant ground strokes go racing away rather than all aerial shots.

Hope you can find a solution to this problem. Good luck with the patch!

brad352

Executive member
jeromedascorp said:
Well one thing that has annoyed me so far is that I can score at most only 2 runs off a regular ground shot. Most of the time my shot is slow and is picket up by the fielders. I hate these no power ground strokes. Its stupid that you have to hit the six hit button for the ball to go far. I mean in real cricket you see a lot more brilliant ground strokes go racing away rather than all aerial shots.

Hope you can find a solution to this problem. Good luck with the patch!
Problem for everyone else is that it's too fast, you just need to practise more

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I think he means its impossible to beat the inner circle of cpu fielders without playing the ball in the air. I find this and its bloody annoying. The only way to do it is to stand way outside leg stump and play a cover drive advance just before a full ball hits the stumps, or to play a front foot square cut to a length ball. Any other ground shot just isnt powerfull enough to beat the super fast fielders.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
yes. tthats wat i meant. In fact when I was playing last nite, there was no mid on or mid of so any ground shots was straight to the boundary. BUt any other are I played it went straight to the fielder.

rock_cool2003

Club Cricketer
Hey Cric4life I Totally Agree With Ya
The Problem Of 99.99% Of Cric Gamers Playin The Cric 2005 Is With Da Batting
In My Case The Cpu Hits The Ball With So Power That It Sail Over Fer Six But When I Plzy Same Shot And With Superb Timing It Just Sail Into The Fielders Hands

My Thinking Is That Ea Is Not Taking Cricket Games Seriously In Comparision To Football Or Rugbey

I Found Cric 97,2002 And International Cric Captain 2002,2005 More Interesting Than Cri 2005

Anyone Agrees With Me?

Coopa

School Cricketer
The outfield needs to be slowed down and the fielders speed then also. Then we can beat the infield and maybe even get threes!

Users who are viewing this thread