Name Editing Thread

Ponting should be much higher than Tendulkar in this game. Its Ashes 2009, not Ashes 1999

Last 3 years

Tests

Sachin: 51.20
Ponting: 49.58

ODIs

Sachin: 45.32
Ponting: 42.83

The gap has widened even more in the past 2 years.

Last 2 years

Tests
Sachin: 51.69
Ponting: 44.25

ODIs
Sachin: 46.65
Ponting: 36.38

I know this isn't the place for that but Ashes Cricket 1999... Get real :sarcasm.

Going by his current form, i gave ponting way too much points. I gave points based on the player's ability. At best ponting is a exceptional player of 86-88 rating. Only lara and Sachin deserve a place in higher 90's.

Peace

Though i cannot understand how they give shoiab a 90 rating:eek: lol

P.S: where is lazy when we need one.

you look like you are jerking it in your avatar,

6 character max for first name and 12 character max for surname. Slightly strange if you ask me...
The roster seems to be checksum protected so it's not as simple as just editing the values.

6 character max for first name and 12 character max for surname. Slightly strange if you ask me...
The roster seems to be checksum protected so it's not as simple as just editing the values.

The Sri Lankans are not going to be happy

Zulquarnain Haider..I guess I can't change his name..stupid codemaster:doh

Can this be resolved with a patch or something really hope it does, otherwise: :crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

I knew something in the game had to suck with awesome gameplay! :doh

Last edited:
This is hardcoding and won't be patched. On the other hand the checksum doesn't seem to be vital. I've edited some stuff without it crashing.

I've almost finished editing real names, Sabed Akmer (Pakistan) is missing.

Steve S.

Last edited:
This is hardcoding and won't be patched. On the other hand the checksum doesn't seem to be vital. I've edited some stuff without it crashing.

So does the whole roster include bowling speeds? If so, I'm presuming it contains all player data. Hmm, I'd be surprised if we got an official patch, history says we won't. Then again, it's nice that Heath and the like have been involved directly on here, which we haven't had before. End call with patches won't be with TG though.

Bowling speeds is there yes. It's 16 bytes before the start of DOB (directly above it in a hex editor).
Here are some values:
Brett Lee: 95
Jimmy Anderson: 90
Stuart Broad: 85

Theres only 22 Pakistan players in the list.... Sabed Akmer is the one I need to complete any ideas please?

Cheers,

Steve S.

Yeah I added him via the create a player as you can't edit the ashes squads and replaced Michael Vaughan with him,trouble is I need to unlock the stats :facepalm Theres a few surprise omissions Darren Sammy and Dwayne Bravo are two :facepalm

Loving the game though, its great!

Steve S.

I've edited all the squads in the ps3 version of the game - I only used initials for christian names but used full surnames, any names I was unsure of I referenced against the squads on cricinfo.
Is there a way I can make a file available with the edited names to other ps3 users?

Users who are viewing this thread