Name your best 5 cricket matches in odis.

Oh yea , and my 5th equal best is....... the benson and hedgas world championship of cricket cup final 1985, when india trashed pakistan in that final . ( It was like a world cup final , very tense .)

Sorry. But I have to edit my list a bit. I couldnt think of the match but now I remember. So here goes:
1. Ind vs Pak, Independence Cup 1998, Dhaka
2. Eng vs Ind, Natwest Series 2002, Lord's
3. Ind vs Aus, Titan Cup, 1996, Bangalore (Kumble-Srinath Heroics in front of their home crowd)
4. Aus vs Windies, CWC 1996, Mohali
5. Ind vs Sri Lanka (Nice Thrashing from Sourav/Rahul which confirmed that Sri Lanka went from world "Champs" to "Chumps")

I dont know why people are picking,

England vs australia blah blah blah

the real best match was

Pakistan vs India samsung cup 2004

It was another history making match,but Moin Khan did not able to hit a six at the last ball.

Yeh but that was only the first odi in the series match , it was not like a world cup semi-final , an any other tournment final , or a revenge match . something like that. It was a good game , but not the best .

Last edited:
Indiangod said:
Yeh but that was only the first odi in the series match , it was not like a world cup semi-final , an any other tournment final , or a revenge match . something like that. It was a good game , but not the best .
A revenge match :D You make it sound like WWE.

fardin said:
I dont know why people are picking,

England vs australia blah blah blah

Because thats what people think from the games they've seen. I can't pass comment on the Pakistan v India game you mention because I didn't see it.

Did you see the NatWest Series final 2002? Did you see the NatWest Series final 2005? Did you see the 2003 World Cup match, Eng v Aus?

stevie said:
Because thats what people think from the games they've seen. I can't pass comment on the Pakistan v India game you mention because I didn't see it.

Did you see the NatWest Series final 2002? Did you see the NatWest Series final 2005? Did you see the 2003 World Cup match, Eng v Aus?

I doubt fardin did even watch those games.

stevie said:

I did saw Natwest Series Final 2002,but it is no comparison to India vs Pakistan.

fardin said:
I did saw Natwest Series Final 2002,but it is no comparison to India vs Pakistan.
hahaha. Why dont you say that to Yuvraj and Kaif who came in with 5 down and a mountain to climb?? Or eve just Kaif who had to bat with Bhajji and Zaheer against the likes of Flintoff and Goughie at the death.

I bet even Inzi and Moni Khan would rate the 2002 Natwest final much greater.

If I am not mistaken it was the 2nd highest score successfully chased at the time. Of course India proved it was no fluke as they did it again against windies later on.

Nobody would have done that , I wouldent even bet bevon and the aussies would have done that themsleves . when Y singh and kaif came in nobody expected them to win the game for India , I thought that ' ow well another defeat for india . ' I wonder what my english mates gonna say to me tommorow ' , it was 5 wickets down , staring down the barralle , needing over 7 an over to win the game , and basically it was some amazing batting a brilliant parnership , and the world best odi no doubt .

Indiangod said:
Nobody would have done that , I wouldent even bet bevon and the aussies would have done that themsleves . when Y singh and kaif came in nobody expected them to win the game for India , I thought that ' ow well another defeat for india . ' I wonder what my english mates gonna say to me tommorow ' , it was 5 wickets down , staring down the barralle , needing over 7 an over to win the game , and basically it was some amazing batting a brilliant parnership , and the world best odi no doubt .

The worlds best Odi?

Maybe you have forgotten what happend to South Africa 6 years ago,They lost the World Cup Semi final by 1 run and 2 balls to spare,That has to be one of the best odis correct me if i am wrong,

Every body was talking about how good of a odi the Natwast final was I had enough and went to rent the DVD from the store I thought it was going to be a good match,but it wasnt what I expected.

The best odi is yet to come and it will be between Pakistan and India World cup Final 2007 Pakistan chasing 340 runs in 50 overs Shahid Afridi firing on top of the order youhana and Inzamam looking for twos and ones at the end Razzaq and Akmal taking the game home with a brilliant partnership :D

Not a bad prediction, but nah :p I cant see an all-asian final. One of Australia and England if not both will compete in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread