Nathan Hauritz role in the Australian test side. Should he really be playing?

Cant remember fearing Kejza, Giles, Kaneria, Udal, Adams, Harris etc. etc. in India.

Its probably good that Smith did not play in the test series or else his bowling confidence would have taken beating and would have gone route of White in 2008.

Cant remember fearing Kejza, Giles, Kaneria, Udal, Adams, Harris etc. etc. in India.

Its probably good that Smith did not play in the test series or else his bowling confidence would have taken beating and would have gone route of White in 2008.

What does fearing them have to do with them doing their job as spinners in India in past series?.

I was just saying that he wasn't the first spinner to perform badly in India. Let him play against England and if he fails again then kick him pout for good

I was just saying that he wasn't the first spinner to perform badly in India. Let him play against England and if he fails again then kick him pout for good

Hauritz failing in India, is the just the culmination of 2 years of failing in ALL countries to do the main job of a test spinner againts good opposition. Which is to take 5 wickets hauls/be a serious wicket taking threat on a wearing/turing wicket or 5th day track.

So he does have to play againts ENG for this cycle to continue. The Bangalore test should be his last.

While we are talking about spinners, I loved the way Swann has turned into a world class bowler over last year or so. Pure and simple off spin bowling. Beating batsman with drift, no dusra BS :p. IMO Even Harbhajan was a better bowler when he didn't know how to bowl a dusra.

Hauritz is terrible. The best spinner in the world is Swann. Swann's the best spinner since Warne. He's such a great player. Can bat too. Miles ahead of anyone else.

Hauritz is a bad version of Vettori, and Vettori is a bad bowler who can only contain and not take wickets.

I love Swanns tweets too.. Guy must be really funny in person. Moreover he wins my vote for best spinner coz he play COD MW2 in his free time and invites others on twitter to play with him :P His and Jimmy's friendly banter on Twitter are really nice

I love Swanns tweets too.. Guy must be really funny in person. Moreover he wins my vote for best spinner coz he play COD MW2 in his free time and invites others on twitter to play with him :P His and Jimmy's friendly banter on Twitter are really nice

:love

Well it doesn't matter how much Warne helps him, Hauritz is and will always be a ████ spinner. The problem is we have no better alternative :(

O'Keefe is starting to look good, had a good season last year and backed up with a 7 wicket haul on the Adelaide Oval. His stats are easily the best of our current spinners so he could be getting a look in soon.

O'Keefe is starting to look good, had a good season last year and backed up with a 7 wicket haul on the Adelaide Oval. His stats are easily the best of our current spinners so he could be getting a look in soon.

That was crappy S Australia batting line-up & what i saw of him in ENG this year in that T20. He looks like another Hauritz failure waiting to happen in tests.

As it stands AFAIS. If any spinner should be playing for AUS its Krejza. But otherwise 4 man pace attack is the way forward, as it really should have been post IND 2008.

Krejza? No way. He was like Beau Casson, couldn't handle being dropped and his confidence went way down until his state had to drop him. Those guys aren't Test cricketers, you need to have the mental strength to cope with the disappointments and those 2 don't have it right now. Call me when they fight their way back into their state teams and show a bit of determination. If anything, give old Bryce McGain another go I say. At least he's shown up to play for the Vics after he got flogged in SA.

Now of course I realise Krejza got some harsh treatment, but he didn't fit the kind of spinner Ricky wanted which was someone to hold up an end. I've read interviews with Krejza saying that he's tried to take that on board and he was pretty happy with the changes he made, but the selectors (Tasmanian and Australian) obviously weren't impressed enough.

Agree totally with the above post. McGain for me.

Though, most spinners just have a hard time on our domestic pitches, hey just dont spin. Krezja didnt have the best captain either, made life hard for him.

Users who are viewing this thread