Need suggestions to assemble a new CPU

Sachinfan98

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,
I am thinking of assembling a new CPU for my desktop as the old one's motherboard went down a few hours ago.
What is the best configuration available in around 350$? I use it primarily for running some heavy applications like Photoshop CS5 etc.
According to me I need the following-
Intel Core i3 processor @ 3 GHz atleast
2 GB RAM
1 GB Graphics Card (Nvedia Gforce maybe)
DVD Writer
500 GB Hard Disk Space
6 USB Ports
Fan

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rephrase your question. From your title your stating that you need a CPU, maybe your misinterpreting it and instead you mean a new PC for $350?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Well then its quite simple. Get the Intel i7 2600K (you'll find the hyperthreading function on this model particularly useful) for roughly $320. If you do want to save money though you wouldn't be disappointed with the i5 2500K which retails at $220.

Though, you'd need to get a new motherboard as well which would need to be a a LGA 1555 socket motherboard.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
I just can't fathom people referring the CPU, Central Processing Unit, to be the main tower :p

Where do these "many" people reside?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's an area of expertise with a lot of mystery for most people. Even pretty knowledgeable people know relatively nothing, it's just that they're aware of the ways to get more knowledge. If a confident person in a department store spins a customer a load of crap, they aren't necessarily going to google it. So the mystery is only replaced by mysticism and then you know, you have people uninstalling their programs because they "take up memory".

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
So true.

If it makes it even better, my father refers to the PC as the 'hard drive' :p

Users who are viewing this thread