New interview

brad352 said:
- no rain in ODI's (EA have been bashed for this plenty of times, and "we felt it would be frustrating for the player" is a bullsh*t reason if I've ever heard one)
- they think it's smart to implement a black and white picture with irritating lines for classic matches (completely irrelevent as TV wasn't around until 1930, black and white or otherwise) but we keep the third umpire?
- all we can edit is players names? May as well just tell everyone buying the game that all they're doing is making us change the spoof names because they couldn't, and we can't do anything else
- bowlers don't get tired, so we can just bowl our two best all day and likewise for the CPU, great
Well done I appreciated

brad352 said:
- all we can edit is players names? May as well just tell everyone buying the game that all they're doing is making us change the spoof names because they couldn't, and we can't do anything else

Ingame yes but I bet we can find another way of editing it.

- bowlers don't get tired, so we can just bowl our two best all day and likewise for the CPU, great

That's irrelevant. The computer will change it's bowlers anyway and if you decide not to change yours then that's your decision to not play the game properly.

no rain in ODI's (EA have been bashed for this plenty of times, and "we felt it would be frustrating for the player" is a bullsh*t reason if I've ever heard one)
I actually agree with codies on this there seems very little point in including this in ODI's. I suppose for all you purists out there they should have had an on and off toggle feature
I agree on this they should have allowed us to be able to select bats etc. This is the only thing i feel slightly let down by.
bowlers don't get tired, so we can just bowl our two best all day and likewise for the CPU, great
As Barmy Army said if you want to bowl the players continously and make it unrealistic thats your choice. CPU will change regardless.

Yes there should have been a toggle option for rain in ODI' s - I found that no rain in ODI to be disappointing to be honest

zimrahil said:
Yes there should have been a toggle option for rain in ODI' s - I found that no rain in ODI to be disappointing to be honest
May be they should have allowed the match to continue even in rain.It would be exciting to watch such a match.
Totally dosappointed.

Mahesh Babu said:
May be they should have allowed the match to continue even in rain.It would be exciting to watch such a match.
Totally dosappointed.

if they did that people would probably call it a bug...

barmyarmy said:
Ingame yes but I bet we can find another way of editing it.
In that case,would it be fair to say bad AI will be acceptable considering our AI patchers will find a way of editing it ??

barmyarmy said:
That's irrelevant. The computer will change it's bowlers anyway and if you decide not to change yours then that's your decision to not play the game properly.

I disagree again..IMO the AI should be such that it wouldnt be feasible for us to bowl a bowler for a long duration,thus forcing a change in the bowling !!

lemme get this straight.. No rain in BLC2005?

to be straight... Yes,no rain in the ODI's(not sure about the tests though!!)

Pat said:
In that case,would it be fair to say bad AI will be acceptable considering our AI patchers will find a way of editing it ??

No. Gfx and player data are much easier to fix than bad AI.

I'm not over-bothered that there's no rain in ODI's, as long as there is in Tests. Ideally there would be the option to toggle it on or off, as has been said, but in all honesty for me it's not the end of the world. Maybe something for the next version?

I think for maximum fun both games are necesary as they will compensate each other in different departments.

Hmm, the interview also states different bowling actions for muralitharan and shane warne. I wonder if they have actions for other great bowlers such as courtney walsh, wasim akram, glen mcgrath, shaun pollock etc

I donot think so ,the above mentioned will be different because of category,as one is off spinner and other is leg spinner.

Users who are viewing this thread