new patch at ea site - a wonderful patch-according to many

sachida

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,
I am still awaiting the game but while visiting the ea forum I noted that some one has created a very good patch which introduces one new commentorator-Ritchie Benaud Jim Maxwell and Bill Lawry , all new comments before and after match and many such interesting things.

visit the forum for further details. That guy has uploaded the patch on his own website and is about 45 mb.
http://www.cricket2002.tk
I havent used it personally but just thoughts may be of help to other.
why i havent used it???
well, i am still awaiting to get the game.
well, you guys can try. good luck

Edited By sachida on 1027041152

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid1'>Here's a description of the patch taken from his site:

Improved crowd sounds for runups, lbws and reactions to boundaries, wickets,dropped catches + new chants,horns,etc.

All new ambience sounds like traffic, planes,whistles,jet planes,church bells,sirens,birds,trains,helicopters during the match.

New pregame commentary by Ritchie Benaud Jim Maxwell and Bill Lawry for ODIs.They talk about the pitch the weather and the strategy to follow.

Accurate analysis of game situations,runrates and advice on field settings and strategy by Bill Lawry.

Improved emotions for commentators and crowd for runouts, wickets,near misses, appeals, ducks, etc. Now Benaud is no longer the robot but gets angry or excited at times.

Removed wrong context commentary like "a lovely way to get off the mark" when almost out etc.

Added Benaud's comments from the chat folder that EA "forgot" to include.Now there is more natural talk and even sometimes conversation between Bill and Ritchie.

Added extra comments for milestones like 50s and 100s getting into double figures,ducks, hatrick etc.

Added comments (agreeing and disagreeing) by Benaud when new player makes new field settings.

Comments for some stadiums like Eden Park MCG etc..

Appropriate crowd reactions depending of whether home or away team.Eg: the crowd booes a bit if home team gets out and cheers more when boundaries are hit.

Post-game analysis by Bill Lawry according to margin of victory.

If you think 45mb is too much to download at one time, and don't have download programs that can resume/pause downloads, he has included 27 files of around 1.36mb files that can be installed once all 27 files are downloaded.</span>

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>I can't here any Bill Lawry?
I get the extra commentary from Ritch & Jim and the extra
crowd noise but no Bill.

"even sometimes conversation between Bill and Ritchie."

Does sometimes mean rare?. Is this the story?

"and Bill Lawry for ODIs".....yes, I'm playing ODI's.

Anyhow I think this patch is pretty good.
The crowd noise is definitely more into it sounding.

BUT I WANT MY BILL! :D</span>

the thing is 45 mb in size!!It looks pretty good but the size is very very large and very difficult to d'load on a dial-up connection{which i use}.

Hi to all,
Damp pitch u can solve my prob b'coz u tried that patch.I wanna know is there Bill Lawry in the patch???I want Bill out there ??? Some ppl in EA forums r saying that he is in the patch but some ppl saying no!!I am confused.Thanks in advance.And Ritwik try to download that i m sure u will download that in 1 day. :) best of luck.

[color=#000000:post_uid1]there is no bill lawry.
anyway the EA sounds suk.... low bitrate.[/color]

hey sam..ive noticed that ur an ungrateful piece of trash and that ur always bringing others down even when they try so hard..whats ur problem buddy..is it that time of the month again??

Well I've had about 6 hours play with the patch, and
Bill Lawry on the patch, is a myth as far as I'm concerned.

RITWIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I answered you on another post here.
You can DL it in 1.4k chunks.
That's how I DL'ed it. It's 27 files.

theres a load of other new d/l just added on that site too...its awesome

I think the host doessnt allow hotlinking and if a link is broken also the popups come.Not there when u browse the site normally

1.4 k chunks.......

He meant that the total size of the patch is 45MB however it has been split into 27 smaller 1.4 MB chunks (files). So you can download them easily on a dialup connection. :;):

Users who are viewing this thread