New Zealand Premier League XIII

That game could have gone either way but my word,how well did Chris Nevin play under pressure!
The bowlers really need to attack a bit more though for containing the batsmen may not always work,especially on the excellent pitches.

FFS, my computer broke...

My dad went away yesterday just before it broke, and he doesn't get back until like Friday, so I don't think they'll be any action until at least then.

I might try and fix it on Wednesday night myself, but I'm pretty busy tonight and tomorrow anyway.

Ok, lets get the ball rolling.

Firstly I know the icons on the first post are slightly out of sink, I normally base them on the ratings which I haven't done yet, so don't say so and so should be an all-rounder because so and so is etc. Secondly I've got rid of some of the random part-time keepers who haven't kept in like five years, like Dravid, Sinclair, Papps etc. I haven't finalized how many years they're going to have to have kept within yet though to be classed as one.

Now most importantly, I need to know how you guys want to run the player transfer system. I think first things first we should just establish whether we're going to have a full reshuffle or not since it's been a while. So if the nine of you could just post whether you want a full reshuffle or not that would be good, feel free to say you don't care as well. Considering six out of nine of you were around for the last full reshuffle, it's unlikely that we'll have one, unless maybe six or more of you want one.

Just looking at the numbers, bcvs doesn't want one, and I think Chewie, Akshay, Dan and BKB would be leaning towards not having one, so I doubt it'll happen.

I don't really mind. Didn't realise how many ND players I managed to get though :D

Yeah,I personally don't prefer a full reshuffle.
We only had it once (for the 6th season) and let's do it again after the 10th season (I know you'll be busy at uni,but you can hopefully run a season during vacations or something)

Yeah, I'll probably only be able to run one season now before another long break until the summer holidays. I might be able to get in two depending on how long season nine takes.

I don't mind if we have a full re-shuffle or not but going by everyone else's comments it seems like not.

Ok, we won't be having a full reshuffle then. No one out of the six so far have said they want one (I know a few have said they don't care), so even if the BKB, AT and Dipak say they want one, that's not going to be enough.

Next question, do you guys just want to have a transfer window and be able to make unlimited trades, or do you want a mini draft as well?

not sure, but yeah transfer window will probably work. dont mind going either way as long as there aren't any restrictions on the amount of players released/retained if the mini draft goes ahead.

I just went through the part-time keepers from last season properly:

Rahul Dravid 14 Jun 2005
Mathew Sinclair 29 Jan 2006
Michael Papps 31 Jan 2007

Upul Tharanga 17 Dec 2008
Eoin Morgan 29 Sep 2009
Shaun Haig 04 Nov 2009
Lou Vincent 15 Aug 2010
Tim Weston 18 Sep 2010
Tillakaratne Dilshan 11 Jan 2011
BJ Watling 02 Feb 2011
AB de Villiers 28 May 2011

So if you're wondering if you can use someone as a part-time keeper, the cut-off will be around late 2007/early 2008. I'll be supplying the domestic player list as usual, so this only applies if you're looking for international players. The usual keeper rule will apply, where you need at least two keepers, including at least one full-time.

Users who are viewing this thread