Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Heath / Jamie could you please confirm if the Ps3 Version will be region free. There has been speculation that it might not be (although most games are). There are many Canadian and American cricket fans on here and we would like to know before we pre-order the game.
Cheers

Tar, sort of know what you mean, last time I played a cricket game was about 5 yaers ago and I just remember how the pitch cursor went up/down and across, I always thought it was a bit crap in the sense that player 2 knew where you were pitching the ball.

Last edited:
2player co-op on live?

Anybody know if the 360/PS3 versions will have 2 players on one console able to play against 2 others on another over live/PSN?

Cant believe this game is so close to coming out in only a few weeks but so little is known about it and not much footage available of in game stuff for the next gen-consoles!!!

Any help, thanks a lot!

Heath / Jamie could you please confirm if the Ps3 Version will be region free. There has been speculation that it might not be (although most games are). There are many Canadian and American cricket fans on here and we would like to know before we pre-order the game.
Cheers

I can copy and paste the email that codemasters has sent me sayin that the game is region free , if you want.

I can copy and paste the email that codemasters has sent me sayin that the game is region free , if you want.
If you can copy and paste the email, What is stopping you? Do it man, post the email from Codies.

^ no i want to hear it from the horses mouth. I have seen that email where they refuse to confirm if it will work on non Pal systems but that the game is region free. Makes no sense to me.

Customer Service mailbox"
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:17:12 +0100
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Reply from Codemasters ref:02079660
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

The game will be region free, therefore you should be able to play in on any PS3.

Hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02079660

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

sallu added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

keep checking the forum on ashes official website.. they just released a new trailer and alot of people are asking the same question regarding this... hope that helps

Now that Pieterson is out of the ASHES , they should change the UK cover and put someone else's picture like Freddie

Would never, ever happen. You might as well ask them to make Ricky Ponting have a blonde afro and drive Thunderbird 1.

i think that some thunderbird action would add to the game... hahaha

ponting is short enough to be a thunderbird

Any info from the Shane Warne thing?

Also, Colin are you being sent a copy of the game?

Angry..GRRR!

How are you folks?

Firstly, I am real pissed that codemasters is not releasing this globally. Why oh why? Lack of interest in the sport? Dude, MLB 09 The Show (probably the best sports game ever made) is a baseball game and you can get it everywhere. Madden, the worlds' best selling sports game based on the NFL is sold on every single gaming site on the world wide web and here we are a cricket game after dog years and I cant get it shipped.

So my problem (please oh please help!), I am based in Tanzania, I want this game real bad for the PS3, right now price is not an option. Problem is not many sites ship to Tanzania! Thus:

1) Can someone please recommend a site where I can get it shipped? hmv is the only option right now and I dont care about the price. (ebay is not an option).

2) Do you guys think this game will be out in Dubai anytime soon? I can get it from a friend there.

3) On a side note, how are the bowling animations? they look preety generic, chances of seeing Malinga doing a "throw ball"?

Thanks people!

Users who are viewing this thread